Modded Mustang Forums banner

16841 - 16860 of 17709 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Congrats man!
Stevey where do you store your stuff? I have to keep my stuff in thr basement since it is like 100° everyday

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,179 Posts
Shake the **** out of it.

Got a phone call to do a limo on monday. Really excited. I don't really post on whats coming up next for me, but this is a really good lead in business.
That is awesome. Do it right and they will probably be a repeat customer. Limo's are almost always crazy clean.

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
That is awesome. Do it right and they will probably be a repeat customer. Limo's are almost always crazy clean.
I pretty sure we can handle it. We have big contracts already. Its the fact that we could add this on on the list. :thumb:

This is a repeat customer. For his personal vehicles. He loves our company and now he wants this service for his business. :bubba:

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Shake the **** out of it.

Got a phone call to do a limo on monday. Really excited. I don't really post on whats coming up next for me, but this is a really good lead in business.
I did shake the **** out of it for about five minutes. Silver I store all of my stuff in my room lol. no other places for it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
For some products I think. My products are in my room though, so I don't know why my polish is runny lol

Also, the one MF pad I used and cleaned is definitely rougher than the brand new one I have. Ive only used the MF pad once and I'm not used to it. Is it normal for it to be slightly rough and tatty after one use?

Update: there was a big glob of thick polish in the top of the hd polish bottle, I shoved it back in and shook it and it's all good.

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,179 Posts
For some products I think. My products are in my room though, so I don't know why my polish is runny lol

Also, the one MF pad I used and cleaned is definitely rougher than the brand new one I have. Ive only used the MF pad once and I'm not used to it. Is it normal for it to be slightly rough and tatty after one use?

Update: there was a big glob of thick polish in the top of the hd polish bottle, I shoved it back in and shook it and it's all good.
My microfiber pads aren't as soft as when they were brand new even after a good cleaning. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
didnt really do anything detailing wise today. but i did put a new Vacuum control valve, PCV valve, Grommet and plugs on my camry.

Probably needs another VCV for the EGR, will know as soon as i drive it another 20-50 miles lol.

PS, ive gone 456 miles and still have quarter of a tank left LMAO, this tank is HUGE.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
I cleaned up the Jimmy's roof today. The whole roof was burned and scorched, swirled, marred. I wasn't trying to get full correction just take off all the bad paint. FG400 on a MF cutting pad took it right off.

Obvious micro marring under the led flash, but again, don't care on this car. Sealed with sonax net shield and boy does it pop now. Looks like a new paint job. These MF pads are so easy to use and clean.

Also picked up some griots garage car wash from AAP.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have a few details for friends coming up and will try to take some before and after pics. If worth posting, i'll post them up! :D

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
About to order from autoality in a few! Need some optibond interior detailing stuff and some snps some applicators and some more mf pads. Plus some metal polish and other random stuff...lol

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
About to order from autoality in a few! Need some optibond interior detailing stuff and some snps some applicators and some more mf pads. Plus some metal polish and other random stuff...lol
Optimum Protectant plus for leather is awesome. its also good on plastics as well, has a great smell too.

I want some optimum metal polish but its rarely in stock these days lol.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
So I have a black mustang that was just repainted 2 - 3 weeks ago (black) the owner wants me to wet sand it to get out all the orange peel, which is no problem. I've already wet sanded it with 1500, 2000, 2500 & 3000, but the compound I had available didn't cut enough to take out the scratches and polish it to a nice mirror finish like wanted.

What would be your recommendation to a good compound & polish to use to make this beauty shine properly?

I have access to M105 & M205 but I've heard there's better stuff out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Forgot to mention I'm using a rotary, wool compound pad, foam compound pad, green polishing foam pad & black finishing pad

·
July '14 ROTM Winner
1,544 Posts
So I have a black mustang that was just repainted 2 - 3 weeks ago (black) the owner wants me to wet sand it to get out all the orange peel, which is no problem. I've already wet sanded it with 1500, 2000, 2500 & 3000, but the compound I had available didn't cut enough to take out the scratches and polish it to a nice mirror finish like wanted.

What would be your recommendation to a good compound & polish to use to make this beauty shine properly?

I would think M105 would have enough cut to really go through any kind of wet sanding.. lol, I don't know what the issue is, maybe your product is expired?

But my recommendation is HD Adapt for all the things. :)
http://www.autoality.com/store/pc/HD-Adapt-16-oz-320p6688.htm#.U9erF8lOlkI

Honestly though, if you haven't heard of this stuff, it's quite amazing.
It "adapts" (see what I did there?) to what kind of pad you are using to perform the function of that pad.
I.e, if you are using a cutting pad with Adapt, it will cut.
If you switch to a polishing pad, it will polish.
And all the stuff in between.
Another good option, (I haven't used it, but heard great things about it) would be HD cut, or Menzerna FG400

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts

Forgot to mention I'm using a rotary, wool compound pad, foam compound pad, green polishing foam pad & black finishing pad
M105 is 100% capable of removing 1500 grit scratches on its own, let alone 3000. What kind of wool pad are u using?

The next step up would be M101, its one of the most aggressive compounds available but honestly m105 should have plenty of cut for the job, especially with rotary and wool.

How much pressure/speed are u using?

16841 - 16860 of 17709 Posts