Modded Mustang Forums banner

16901 - 16920 of 17709 Posts

·
00blkvert
1,981 Posts
I almost never wetsand tail-lights. They rarely oxidize, usually just swirls.

Always try the least aggressive method first Stevey! You know that :facepalm:

lol.

My car hasnt moved in 4 days....feels good. The camry is truckin it to work tho!
4 days....I'm sitting at over a week and a half:bubba:

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Why didnt you try compounding them first? Sometimes thatll do it.
I had already compounded and polished the clear after I painted them and the texture remained. I had always wanted to wet sand them just never had time.

No, I've done it by hand and machine. Vht sucks period to work on. 3 layers for tint and 4-6 layers of clear. Still there could be a shitty outcome.
the stuff is really easy to take off. I had 4-5 layers of clear on the light and I sanded right through it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
4 days....I'm sitting at over a week and a half:bubba:

OH ILL BEAT YOU lol.

Remember, my oil is low, that bitch aint movin til the oil gets here lol.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Buffing out that black mustang, 1 step I used a white wool pad @ 1400 rpm & M105. Pulled it out in the sun to check for missed spots and noticed it's covered in holograms. Will that come out on the next step with M205 on a white foam compound pad @ 1200 rpm?

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
I would try m105 on the same polishing pad. After it's cleaned obviously. That being said I'd probably want a paint gauge reading before compounding again but I think on a polishing pad you should be straight. I've heard that sometimes m105 will refine better than 205 in some circumstances. I don't have experience with these products or machines so take my advice with a grain of salt. :p I would personally try that though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
woo! I haven't been on here in a while. I need to get back on detailing both cars. Unfortunately, I do not have the space for it.

·
Broke as F*ck!!
2,725 Posts
Haha yeah, didn't dry too bad though. And holy crap does it go a long way. I went ahead and went over it with BSD too. I really didn't expect it to darken the paint so much, holy crap. Made it look much darker

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my mom's gmc paint. The second I applied it the paint darkened instantly. It's amazing. I've never seen a color change so much from an lsp.

16901 - 16920 of 17709 Posts