Modded Mustang Forums banner
17701 - 17715 of 17715 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hey guys it’s been a long time since I’ve been here. Bought a Silverado 3500 a little while back and got a new set of wheels and tires. The wheels are polished aluminum. What would y’all recommend for cleaning and protecting? I have some diablo gel and SPNS in the garage. Would use Sonax Full Effect but I ran out cleaning the wheels I bought used for my mustang.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Hoping to get my garage cleaned out this weekend so I can get back to the game

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,610 Posts
Hoping to get my garage cleaned out this weekend so I can get back to the game
Same. It's a mess. I need to do the inside and out of my jeep. Tools everywhere in the garage.

Sup Chris, saw that you bumped this thread after a year of inactivity so you know I had to pop in and post. Been a while.

Reactions: Austin

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I looked at some new coatings

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t detail my car as often as I used to. My life took did a 180 fairly recently, which kinda killed all will to take a brush and work the interior. But, there are days like yesterday when all of the pieces aligned. I had plenty of reason to celebrate, it was a sunny day in the greater LV area, so I had zero excuses not to treat my fox body with some much-needed TLC.

Since it has been sitting in the garage for a few months, the first thing I did was to give it a proper wash. I’ve used the two-bucket method paired with the Chemical Guys Mr.Pink shampoo to get the crud off the paintwork. Did the wheels as well and rinsed everything. The car hasn’t been decontaminated in over a year, so I sprayed it with iron remover and then did a full clay bar decontamination.

Then out came the Rupes, which I’ve used to do a two-stage polish. Working on a piano black paint is a bitch, but I can’t get enough of how it looks once it’s done. Lastly, I’ve used the fifth element from Angelwax to seal the car and give it that showroom shine. It was a massive job, but I needed some manual labor to clear my head. The pandemic was tough on me and work-wise, and yesterday I’ve managed to land a higher management job with one of these https://www.nodeposithero.com/feature/five-biggest-gambling-companies-in-the-usa/ . I won’t disclose the company for obvious reasons, but needless to say, a massive rock has just been lifted from my chest.

I’ll get to the interior tomorrow. The plan is to pull the seats out and do a proper clean. Can’t wait!

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,610 Posts
I looked at some new coatings
Chris, Remember when this thread had about 20 new posts per day? The Golden age of the general car car care and detailing section.

Placed an order for some much needed supplies. Also cleaned up a new(to me) Snap-on cart I got to match my box. The cart will be for detailing supplies.

17701 - 17715 of 17715 Posts