Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1238 Posts

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
Good thread idea.

I work on computers/network stuff all day so every day I indulge in my inner nerd. lol

A lot of days, I would be more then happy if I never saw a computer again.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well...

I programmed an instrument cluster to a Mercedes at work.

Wednesday I programmed and calibrated an ISM for a Mercedes ML350.

·
Gunna Go Fast!
1,355 Posts
Good thread idea.

I work on computers/network stuff all day so every day I indulge in my inner nerd. lol

A lot of days, I would be more then happy if I never saw a computer again.
Same here, I work as a cell tech for a local co-op and deal with phones, computers, wireless devices all day.
Later tonight I will be online playing Watch Dogs and then FF14.
I read comics before I go to bed most nights, does that count? LOL

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Today we discussed the rate at which a force will propagate through a medium. For example, lets say you have two tables touching each other. You exert an instant force on the edge of the first table. After you exert that force, how long does it take for it to reach the other table and cause it to move. It's not going to be instantly because the first table will compress slightly. The conclusion was the force propagates at the speed of sound through that medium.

That nerdy enough for the day?

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Thought of an email forwarding service so if you change your email, all the old accounts that you forget to update will still be forwarded to your new email. Just a thought. Might be a service out there already. Just not sure if it's on the same scale as the usps.

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
Wrote a custom Javadoc taglet for documenting RESTful web services

Finally finished migrating my home server from Windows Server 2012 to Ubuntu Server 14.04 after figuring out I have to redirect ports I needed to Wildfly 8 (JBoss application server) instead of directly binding to them.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
We did a tensile strength test comparing Scotch tape to the new Clear Gorilla tape. Obviously the clear Gorilla tape won.......

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
Im re-encoding a movie on my new laptop

·
It'll be bout tree fiddy
3,429 Posts
I caved and bought MineCraft for playstation. Have had it on PC for a long while, forgot how addictive it is!

Not sure if this is geeky but I started building a stand for the reef tank I'm starting
Nice, man! What kind of set up are you going to be running? (saw the tank size but just curious if you're doing anything special)

I've got a 36 gal bowfront, ~35 lb of rock, ~60 lb of sand. Need lights and a skimmer before I can start putting corals in though :(

Stock list (overstocked but everyone seems to get along lol):

Black and white clown
snowflake clown
flame angelfish
bartlett's anthias
yellow watchman goby
hi fin red banded goby
pom pom crab
porcelain crab
2 skunk cleaner shrimp
2 sexy shrimp
various snails and hermits

Started to think about building a new PC lol.
I've started to think about this, too. They've got some killer bare bones deals on Newegg and I do have windows 7 laying around :shiftyeyes

What kind of specs are you looking at?

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Nice, man! What kind of set up are you going to be running? (saw the tank size but just curious if you're doing anything special)

I've got a 36 gal bowfront, ~35 lb of rock, ~60 lb of sand. Need lights and a skimmer before I can start putting corals in though :(

Stock list (overstocked but everyone seems to get along lol):

Black and white clown
snowflake clown
flame angelfish
bartlett's anthias
yellow watchman goby
hi fin red banded goby
pom pom crab
porcelain crab
2 skunk cleaner shrimp
2 sexy shrimp
various snails and hermits
Nothing too crazy, I still need to get a few powerheads, a skimmer and a return pump and hard plumb everything. I'll probably start with a few mated clowns and some gobys. I wanna do a deep live sand bed, some live rock and a few soft corals

1 - 20 of 1238 Posts