Modded Mustang Forums banner

1221 - 1237 of 1237 Posts

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Yeah. I found my Netgeat nighthawk router. It has 2.4/5 and I switched on the 5G wifi.

Will it charge more like how 4G does on a cellphone? Or is it just like how the 2.4 and 5 differences say where ones meant for longer range and the other is better for shorter.
No it wont charge you more. 5g is the frequency on which it is sending/receiving. The 2.4ghz. Has a longer range. The 5.0ghZ has much less traffic so you would likely see slightly faster speeds and less noise if your device can connect to the 5 ghz frequency.

·
Feb '14 ROTM
7,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,226
No it wont charge you more. 5g is the frequency on which it is sending/receiving. The 2.4ghz. Has a longer range. The 5.0ghZ has much less traffic so you would likely see slightly faster speeds and less noise if your device can connect to the 5 ghz frequency.
Haha ok just double checking.

Told you so.
Lmao

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
I setup a new streamer on twitch this last few weeks.

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Installed a wireless link between two sites at work today. It was my first real "go out and figure this out on your own" assignment and boy was it a fun one..Let me explain.

Contract crew was used to climb tower and roof to install antenna and run cable.

1. Far end of link was on top of a building we don't own. Cable runs down into a closet in a company in said building. Entrance to roof is in neighboring business..keep this in mind.
2. No one informed anyone in that building we were going to be working there. (not my job to call them, supposed to be other guy or boss)
3. Tower crew climbed tower, cut wrong coax cable and took out a link for a substation, aka not good.. They fixed it semi-shortly, but it wasn't ideal.
4. They finish installing on the close side of the link and go to the other side to get on roof to install the other side and they find that the business next door is completely locked up so they can't get in.
5. After some time we eventually get ahold of someone to open a door.
6. Tower crew runs 120' of cable and then cuts the end off because it didn't fit through the opening to the roof and they wanted me to come put a new end on it. I wasn't allowed to do so because of having to climb a fire ladder to get to the roof so they had to redo it themselves.
7. Finally get that finished and lady at front desk to the building where the closet is located warns us not to bump anything because last time someone was in there, they bumped something and took down their whole network and phones.
8. Don't bump anything but guy comes in saying there phones went down after we went in there.
9. Guy reboots their system and it comes back online so it wasn't our fault.
10. I go home after 10 hours with no lunch and aquire taco bell and say **** the world and sit on my ass the rest of the night.

tldr: First "real" operational assignment for work, lots of **** goes wrong, aquire 2 hrs in OT. Tired.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
I got to go back to my roots this week and build a custom computer.

This is a setup for monitoring a camera surveillance system, so it's a little overbuilt for what it does, but will last awhile and not need a lot of maintenance. Price was a concern, but I got it all for $800 worth of parts. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Intel Core I5 6400, 16GB Ram, dual GeForce GTX 950's, not in SLI Mode, 1TB SATA HDD.

I'm particularly happy with the cable routing.

Attachments

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Fixed one of our master radios for SCADA systems by tearing it apart and finding the bad part after testing. Cost 275 for the part compared to the 1200 it would have cost to send it in for repair. I'll take that on my paycheck k thx.

Also learned how to build configurations for our routers and switches using scripts and Linux stuff. Also learned how to upgrade our switches via tftp.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
enrolled in an MBA course on udemy. it's obviously not accredited or anything but it was marked down from $200 to $10 and that kind of **** interests me so i yolo'd

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
enrolled in an MBA course on udemy. it's obviously not accredited or anything but it was marked down from $200 to $10 and that kind of **** interests me so i yolo'd
I didn't know they had cock sucking courses on there..

but really what did you sign up for?

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
harharhar ****head

https://www.udemy.com/an-entire-mba-in-1-courseaward-winning-business-school-prof/

i'm digging it so far and would definitely recommend it for that price if you're into that kind of thing. the coupon code is UDMY10ALL and it's valid until the end of this month
Yeah not for me thanks for the code though. I'll get those once and a while but I never use them.

On another note I bought a gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 graphics card that'll get here today as in Thursday. Also flew drones all day today getting really good pics and video of one of our towers. Tis a good week.

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Yeah not for me thanks for the code though. I'll get those once and a while but I never use them.

On another note I bought a gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 graphics card that'll get here today as in Thursday. Also flew drones all day today getting really good pics and video of one of our towers. Tis a good week.
need to track amazon drones and swoop in and play that claw game. then find out it was **** you didn't want in the first place

·
Registered
1 Posts
I learned the different brands of "European cars" (Audi, BMW) and their new models this year. My bro has one of those peugeot vehicles he took to the automotive so now currently learning those.z

1221 - 1237 of 1237 Posts