Modded Mustang Forums banner

4101 - 4120 of 10632 Posts

·
Hi I'm Sean
3,962 Posts
Expecting pictures of the tear down. Poor boss.
Once I can get an opportunity to pull it out of the car I will be making a build thread. I plan on redoing pretty much the entire motor which as we know is :baller:.

Good news though is I have deep pockets, bad news is I have little T-Rex arms so I can't reach anything in those pockets so I will be eating Ramen for the next seven years because of it.

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Well, what i said applies to most regular cars i think, lol. (Some exotic stuff sounds wicked with straight headers).

Not alot of people are running my setup, i think its one of the best/better sounding combos for the platform. The catback is pricey tho.
My Setup:
2012 5.0 O/R TruX pipe, Magnaflow Competition Catback - YouTube

Can't wait to get my o/r x installed, I'll be running the same setup minus the cam lope tune.

Also just ordered my sct sf4!! As far as I know I'll be heading back to the states this upcoming Sunday, I'm so excited to get back and drive. Here's what I'll have to install:

McLeod lightened steel flywheel
McLeod RXT clutch
SR stainless steel clutch line
Magnaflow o/r x (already have magnaflow competition catback isntalled)
JLT cai
SR lowering springs
J&M panhard bar
GT500 spoiler
20x8.5 and 20x10 AMR wheels (going to get them powdercoated white)
255/35 nitto 555's for the front and 275/35 invo's for the rear

Here's some pictures from my flight on 9/11 over Afghanistan.

I post a lot of my air refueling videos on my instagram account, feel free to check them out @NJ_5OH

·
Registered
105 Posts
got it dyno tuned at Revolution Automotive by Adam Browne, made 412/395 with the only mods being Pypes long tube headers and catted x-pipe, Im pretty happy with those numbers

·
Boss 302
2,886 Posts
Once I can get an opportunity to pull it out of the car I will be making a build thread. I plan on redoing pretty much the entire motor which as we know is :baller:.

Good news though is I have deep pockets, bad news is I have little T-Rex arms so I can't reach anything in those pockets so I will be eating Ramen for the next seven years because of it.
LOL. So have you decided what build option you are going with? Or are you waiting until you tear it down and find the problem?

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Got my torco in the mail today. Put the whole thing on top of just about 1/2 a tank. Gonna reload my non-cam tune tomorrow, reset the KAM, drive it around a bit and datalog for Jon again.

Can't wait to get my o/r x installed, I'll be running the same setup minus the cam lope tune.

Also just ordered my sct sf4!! As far as I know I'll be heading back to the states this upcoming Sunday, I'm so excited to get back and drive. Here's what I'll have to install:

McLeod lightened steel flywheel
McLeod RXT clutch
SR stainless steel clutch line
Magnaflow o/r x (already have magnaflow competition catback isntalled)
JLT cai
SR lowering springs
J&M panhard bar
GT500 spoiler
20x8.5 and 20x10 AMR wheels (going to get them powdercoated white)
255/35 nitto 555's for the front and 275/35 invo's for the rear[/URL]

I post a lot of my air refueling videos on my instagram account, feel free to check them out @NJ_5OH
Im probably going to reload the non-cam tune tomorrow, i just had to try it out. Go o/r with those comps man, you wont regret it, very sick exhaust note.

got it dyno tuned at Revolution Automotive by Adam Browne, made 412/395 with the only mods being Pypes long tube headers and catted x-pipe, Im pretty happy with those numbers
Wow, on a 2012 those numbers are way stout for the mods you have. Im hoping/thinking my car would make around that with Intake, o/r X, full catback and tune. Very nice numbers you got there.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Got some hydrodipped coil covers :D

Damn thats a good idea. Im probably just gonna paint mine, i cant decide what color yet, but i have ideas.

I agree it sounds great! I had the Magnaflow competition axle back with stock everything else and it even sounded good but the drone got to me so I switched to the Roush. I still have the Magnaflow axle back and I'm gonna get a o/r x pipe soon so I'll try it again and see. My plan was to sell it after I bought the Roush axle back but I couldn't bring myself to do it it sounds so deep and mean. Do you have any drone with your setup?

I never understood the whole "drone" thing. I guess it hard for me to really get around the idea of wanting louder exhaust, but trying to avoid drone. Taking the cats off of the magnaflow comp setup takes all the attributes of the tone and just amplifies them. The raspy, growly, snarly goodness all gets about 10x louder lol. So if you had a little bit of drone, im fairly certain its not going to be any better without cats.

My exhaust is completely unrestricted after the manifolds, so its freakin loud, but thats how i like it.

The properties of sound sort of dictate that all exhaust setups will drone at SOME point in the RPM range, no matter what variations in tone change between setups, each sound has a point at which the frequency resonates in the exhaust, either due to the frequency of the engine rpm or the sound reverberation through the exhaust pipes (or both). The reason "drone", as people refer to it, seems "less" with some setups is simply that the specific engine speed at which the sound resonates is moved out of the rpm range which that is most common during highway cruising.

Or thats what i think, i could be wrong, although thats not a super common occurrence.

I honestly thing the Competition Catback by magnaflow is one of the best sounding setups for these cars- not only catted, but o/r as well. Marc can vouch for the tone, as i think he was pretty impressed when he bought his, and hes run a couple setups before i believe.

As for drone, again, im sure everyone's definition of the word is different, but cruising in my car is VERY acceptable, almost surprisingly, MIND YOU- i have 373 car, so speeds in my car run a few hundred RPM higher than a 331 car.

But i dont give a **** about drone. Its my fun car. My 1999 camry rides like a caddy for 500 miles a week to work and back- with no drone :lmao.

I went 550 miles on my last fillup of 17 gallons in the yoda too, shes got RANGE SON. lol

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Thats pretty intoxicating....gonna need to shoot a wot vid of mine now lol

·
Hi I'm Sean
3,962 Posts
LOL. So have you decided what build option you are going with? Or are you waiting until you tear it down and find the problem?
5.2 shortblock from either RGR (I have heard they make them with Darton Sleeves but I have to ask either Aaron or Eric about that) or Livernois 5.2 shortblock and maybe heads if the budget allows. I'm looking at a set of MMR Road Racing cams but I am waiting for Darren (darreng505) to finish his build to decide what cams I want to go with and then figure out what kind of springs to go with after that. He is expecting or probably hoping about 540 horsepowers and 400-410 torques from what I have read with those cams but I am interested in his driving impressions (although he has a gutted road racing car now) and to see what the power curve will look like compared to say the Comp Stage 3 cams, and a set of Kooks Long Tubes of the 1 7/8ths variety with an O/R H-pipe and probably into some GT500 mufflers to quite it down just a bit.

Even if there's nothing wrong with the engine which I doubt I still want to go through the engine and build it up. But that being said I am guessing that will be a $15,000 build right there even with the heads so as I said :baller:. I have inquired from Ramen where I can get one of these from them so I have food for about a year or so.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
What do u mean?
Car would lope, then rev up to 1500rpms then back to idle and lope, if you pressed the gas and it went anywhere above idle it would completely shut off, tried to pull it out of the garage and almost rolled into the vette and the $70,000.00 truck parked behind me because it scared me when it died and started rolling couldn't hit the brakes fast enough.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
First Autocross (run #6) - YouTube

There's that video I was talking about. Only have had time to upload the last run (6/6). Started off running like a 44.something ended the day with that run and a 38.049. Not bad for my first time out imo.
Good job! The way the cones were set up it looked a lot smaller than when I went. I do need to make it back over there

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Car would lope, then rev up to 1500rpms then back to idle and lope, if you pressed the gas and it went anywhere above idle it would completely shut off, tried to pull it out of the garage and almost rolled into the vette and the $70,000.00 truck parked behind me because it scared me when it died and started rolling couldn't hit the brakes fast enough.
Di you reaet KAM and let it relearn idle for a good 10 minutes with and without a/c on?

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
First Autocross (run #6) - YouTube

There's that video I was talking about. Only have had time to upload the last run (6/6). Started off running like a 44.something ended the day with that run and a 38.049. Not bad for my first time out imo.
Not too bad for your first autocross. Plenty of work to do though especially with the gas pedal and slalom timing and looking ahead. You'll get there soon enough! :D

4101 - 4120 of 10632 Posts