Modded Mustang Forums banner

6861 - 6880 of 10633 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
I took it to McIntosh Performance which I chose because its super close to my home and they had the cheapest rates per hr. When I went in there they had a few older Ferrari's and some older muscle cars and some full on race cars. I was super confident in the work they would perform, I just didn't foresee it costing that much or take that long.
Kurgan Motorsports seems to be a great place to go, I for one have never been there but have talked to Bob and they seem like really good people.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Kurgan Motorsports seems to be a great place to go, I for one have never been there but have talked to Bob and they seem like really good people.
Wow, I had no idea they were that close. I work close to there too... Well if I need future work, I'll give them the business. Thanks bro

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Wow, I had no idea they were that close. I work close to there too... Well if I need future work, I'll give them the business. Thanks bro
No problem, I really want to go up and put my car on the dyno and see how it does, reading reviews he know how to tune these cars! Where do you work?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'd go with you if you went. Not for the next couple weeks. Bout to leave for vaca but I'll be back on the 18th. I work in Gainesville. Basically right off 369.

·
Registered
856 Posts
okay sounds great I work in Jefferson, we will need to set up a time, but id hate to embarrass you with all this N/A RWHP
Lol, I hear ya man, and I would love to. Send me a PM if your ever up this way for any reason. Love to take a peek at ur ride.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
My buddy dyno'd his car today. I know it's not mine, but I figured you guys would like to see it.

Car has: 11.5:1 CR, Manley rods/pistons, twin 465's, T56 Mag XL, McLeod RXT, E85, On3 TT kit with the 60's.

On 11psi, it made 637whp at 5500rpm and 648rwtq at 4800rpm easing into it

On 11psi, it made 655whp at 6500rpm. It is 600whp+ from 5k and up

The car won't be making the power that we all expected it to because the boost controller, they believe, is causing issues.

At 19psi it made 886whp at like 6200rpm. Estimated 1150+ crank.

It broke 700whp on 12psi. Broke 800's 14-14.5.

TT 5.0 Dyno by Black03GT, on Flickr

TT 5.0 Dyno by Black03GT, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
no no, what you have is a balance issue, lol.

What im talking about is the steering wheel actually moving on its own caused by inputs from the electronically controlled steering rack.. Its physically jiggles back and forth about 1/2". The frequency of jiggle has no relation to the speed of the car, other than the feedback loop stopping the motion entirely once the car gets below a certain speed, which im assuming there is a range of speed where EPAS isnt active (like below 35 mph for instance)

You have to have some fairly substantial front control arm mods to worry about it, like the bushings i mentioned, or a crazy high spring rated coil over.
550 to high of a spring rate?

Only thing I get is it pulls into the ruts from semis at times

·
Registered
856 Posts
My buddy dyno'd his car today. I know it's not mine, but I figured you guys would like to see it.

Car has: 11.5:1 CR, Manley rods/pistons, twin 465's, T56 Mag XL, McLeod RXT, E85, On3 TT kit with the 60's.
SO SICK :drool

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
no no, what you have is a balance issue, lol.

What im talking about is the steering wheel actually moving on its own caused by inputs from the electronically controlled steering rack.. Its physically jiggles back and forth about 1/2". The frequency of jiggle has no relation to the speed of the car, other than the feedback loop stopping the motion entirely once the car gets below a certain speed, which im assuming there is a range of speed where EPAS isnt active (like below 35 mph for instance)

You have to have some fairly substantial front control arm mods to worry about it, like the bushings i mentioned, or a crazy high spring rated coil over.
I like this news. This is better news. lol.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Kurgan was banned here for scamming a few members. Tread with caution.
Really? I did not know that. But I'm not surprised. Anytime I talked to him, he came off as a total prick. Very condescending. He was praised because he could tune some bolt on cobras lol. Was never a fan.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I took it to McIntosh Performance which I chose because its super close to my home and they had the cheapest rates per hr. When I went in there they had a few older Ferrari's and some older muscle cars and some full on race cars. I was super confident in the work they would perform, I just didn't foresee it costing that much or take that long.
That is pretty steep....Too bad you aren't up this way, you could use Pro Dyno. Dan DeSio is the **** with all of the 4.6's and the Coyote. Has some good technicians too.
For your way though Kurgan has a following of guys that swear by him. Idk though. Never dealt with him.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Good to know thanks man.

That is pretty steep....Too bad you aren't up this way, you could use Pro Dyno. Dan DeSio is the **** with all of the 4.6's and the Coyote. Has some good technicians too.
For your way though Kurgan has a following of guys that swear by him. Idk though. Never dealt with him.
Yeah, I was blown away when they told me the price. Thats what I would expect to pay to pull the motor. Ridiculous

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
No .... Just no. Unless he changed his ways.
Really? I did not know that. But I'm not surprised. Anytime I talked to him, he came off as a total prick. Very condescending. He was praised because he could tune some bolt on cobras lol. Was never a fan.
Damn, Thank you all for informing me on this!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Mustang is on stands. And the rotors are at a local shop getting turned. We're susposed to be done today but they didn't get to it.

And then the daily starts pulling to the right when braking and I hit a pot hole and blew out a seal on the rack. Grrr

An advantage of owning 2 cars is you can drive one when the other is down. They're not both susposed to be down at the same time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Parked it in my friends garage and rode in his 350z down to Formula Drift in Atlanta.

Kinda wish I drove the stang but no point in taking two cars

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Parked it in my friends garage and rode in his 350z down to Formula Drift in Atlanta.

Kinda wish I drove the stang but no point in taking two cars
I was gonna go Friday and Saturday. If I go now it'll just be saturday. Last year we were there from dark til dark both days. The last day is the most fun, so I may still go.

6861 - 6880 of 10633 Posts