Modded Mustang Forums banner

6881 - 6900 of 10633 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Was going to try to put my control arms on last night... my fiancés a/c compressor came in so that took most of my time, but at least she has air now.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Well, was gonna pick this T56 up, but it has a 2.66 first meaning it would be stupid for me to get it. The car would be a DOG with that gearing.

·
12,899 Posts
$1000. It is already built, pretty much a Tick Stage 2. Carbon rings, billet keys, etc... It came from an F-Body WS6.

$1600 for it, and then a clutch and flywheel.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Well the crack ran, so I called ford for a price on a new glass $230.00, the guy that just put the last one in used a cheap one, so.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Anyone happen to know the min spec for the front rotors on a brembo car. The rears are marked on the rotor but not the fronts. I just had them turned and one side of one looks a little thiner than the rest. And the geniuses at the shop don't know what they're talking about

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Anyone happen to know the min spec for the front rotors on a brembo car. The rears are marked on the rotor but not the fronts. I just had them turned and one side of one looks a little thiner than the rest. And the geniuses at the shop don't know what they're talking about

30.0 mm or 1.181".

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Got my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3's put on. Man they hook soooo much better than the Pirellis and are so much quieter. Money well spent. Look alot better too. I'll try to snap pics next time I wash it.

Well the crack ran, so I called ford for a price on a new glass $230.00, the guy that just put the last one in used a cheap one, so.
That blows. Glad we have free windshield replacement here in SC...I got mine replaced about 6 months ago. It was pitted to hell.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Well, was gonna pick this T56 up, but it has a 2.66 first meaning it would be stupid for me to get it. The car would be a DOG with that gearing.
See i would not get a 2.97 geared t56. I would go 2.66 all the way. Whether it's a turbo, or na.

You're going to need gear in that car with a 1:1 4th gear. 5.14s is similar to 3.73. 4.88 is similar to 3.55s. I did this all out on a calculator. A 2.66 t56 with 4.88s is almost identical go having 3.55 in a mt82. Or 5.14s was identical to having 3.73s in the mt82. All mph at the end of every gear was within 1mph of eachother.

The 2.97 was a decent amount further off.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
And obviously with the shorter 2.97 1st gear and whatever 2nd gear is, you wouldn't need such low rear end gear to compensate it. BUT, it'll affect 3rd and 4th gear a lot. I'd rather have the car have longer 1-2nd gearing when 2nd resistance isn't a factor. Like it would be in 3rd and 4th. If that makes sense.

·
12,899 Posts
I would definitely not be going 2.66 first after being in my friends car with a 2.97 first and 3.73 rear. It was perfect, IMO. The car is built and TT and the gearing is setup perfectly for it.

I really think that with a 2.66 first and keeping the 3.73's, the car would be a lot less quicker. And I'm not about to throw down money on a transmission setup THEN new gears, I see no point in it but that's just me.

·
12,899 Posts
I had 3 women with me, dropped two off and one stayed with me. When I left I just rolled through the stop sign and the cop happened to be driving down that road. He followed me for a little then when I was about 300 feet from where we were all hanging out he lighted me up.

I knew the cop so he was cool. I was trying to find my registration card since I just traded for this car and he told me "Alright man I'll go back and run your plates and if everything checks up I'll give you a warning, you don't need any tickets on your new car."

I was like you're right :lol

I'm just glad he didn't walk around to the front to make sure I had a front plate as I don't.

6881 - 6900 of 10633 Posts