Modded Mustang Forums banner

7581 - 7600 of 10634 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
As I mentioned previously, got the private pratice session locked down at our local raceway. It's not a big course, but it provides enough to fully test out my suspension. I've definitely reached a point where I can say I'm pushing the Falken tires past their limits. I made about 20-25 passes. The car needs 3 obvious things to take it to the next level. 200TW tires (I'm hoping for Forgestar 18x11s but I might just pick up some 18x10 SVE Drifts), either a stock brake overhaul or an upgrade to some Stoptechs, and some race seats/harness.

My previous time on this couse from exactly one year ago was 43.9 seconds. That was bone stock with GT500 AB and H&R supersport suspension with stock strut mounts/shocks and Koni STR.T Struts.

This run:
ST XTA Coilovers
ST Strut Mounts
Steeda HD Adj UCA
BMR LCAs
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
J&M Adj. Panhard Bar
Lund Tune
Steeda CAI
Jegs Cat Deletes

Hardparked by Taylor Hockman, on Flickr

Track Day by Taylor Hockman, on Flickr

In the Pit by Taylor Hockman, on Flickr

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
Got an exhaust ticket the other day.

Literally just cruised past him not even accelerating. Oh well, guess he didn't like the O/R X pipe and Roush axleback combo.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
MY CAR IS DONE. Going at 3 so I can pick it up. Apparently the clutch wasn't burnt up, just a piece of it exploded LOL. I'll be taking pics of the clutch and flywheel when I get there. God damn I can't wait to drive this car with the new clutch. Gonna yank that clutch spring out of there tonight.

Anyone else do the spring removal by using vice grips and pulling down to release it?

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
So I called the Ford Dealership friday morning and they said my car would be ready for pickup Monday and they were doing the touch ups. Hell yeah! Well actually hell no. Just got off the phone with them and they said it wouldn't be ready until next week because they had to order another part… I feel like they should've caught this problem friday then given me a call to let me know what was going on before I'm all pumped to get my car back only to find out its going to take at least another week.

what. the. ****. :mad:

·
12,899 Posts

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
I would have thought that the clutch was at least inspected last time the Trans was out what, two weeks prior?

·
12,899 Posts
It was. This is what ****ed up the most recent time. Not the trans.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Track Day, also known as welcome to spin city. 38.4 was my best run of the day, and we think i probably hit 37s when i didnt have the timer in the car.

·
Hi I'm Sean
3,962 Posts
Waiting for Comp to get some cores in and then we are going to have some fun!

As I mentioned previously, got the private pratice session locked down at our local raceway. It's not a big course, but it provides enough to fully test out my suspension. I've definitely reached a point where I can say I'm pushing the Falken tires past their limits. I made about 20-25 passes. The car needs 3 obvious things to take it to the next level. 200TW tires (I'm hoping for Forgestar 18x11s but I might just pick up some 18x10 SVE Drifts), either a stock brake overhaul or an upgrade to some Stoptechs, and some race seats/harness.

My previous time on this couse from exactly one year ago was 43.9 seconds. That was bone stock with GT500 AB and H&R supersport suspension with stock strut mounts/shocks and Koni STR.T Struts.

This run:
ST XTA Coilovers
ST Strut Mounts
Steeda HD Adj UCA
BMR LCAs
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
J&M Adj. Panhard Bar
Lund Tune
Steeda CAI
Jegs Cat Deletes

Hardparked by Taylor Hockman, on Flickr

Track Day by Taylor Hockman, on Flickr

In the Pit by Taylor Hockman, on Flickr

Taylor @ TNT Raceway | Track Test & Tune 7.18.15 - YouTube

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Taylor @ TNT Raceway | Track Test and Tune 7.18.15 - YouTube
18x11's with the Cortex offset strut coilovers on 315s all around with good tires .... grip for days

·
12,899 Posts
FINALLY got my front wheels on and good Lord does the car look sexy :drool

Thinking a GT500 wing and Boss front are in store now... Sorry for the shitty pics, uploaded it from my iPhone onto Facebook. Flickr wasn't working so those are the super bad compressed Facebook photo's.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Now it doesn't look quite so much like a v6 lol

Boss/cs fascia should be a first mod.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Supporting mods makes the MT82 a not-so-bad trans.

·
12,899 Posts
Now it doesn't look quite so much like a v6 lol

Boss/cs fascia should be a first mod.
I would like to do that.

Magnum XL first
But this.

Supporting mods makes the MT82 a not-so-bad trans.
I have supporting mods, it's still shitty. Can't support the tiny synchro's in it. I'm done messing with this trans. Soon as the Magnum goes is, the MT82, clutch/flywheel, and Barton will go up for sale.

I feel like I am about to find that out the hard way soon haha.
You will.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
7581 - 7600 of 10634 Posts