Modded Mustang Forums banner

7781 - 7800 of 10637 Posts

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
I use the Motorcraft, not the Wix. I've seen too many engine failures come in and have a Wix/Napa/Fram filter on them. Rare with the Motorcrafts.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
What wipers are you guys using? I bought some Rain-X Latitudes last time, and they ****ing suck. I mean within a week they were shot. Just streaks all across the windshield.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! haha now its time for a daily
This is my daily. lol

I use the Motorcraft, not the Wix. I've seen too many engine failures come in and have a Wix/Napa/Fram filter on them. Rare with the Motorcrafts.
Wix and Napa Gold/Platinum are fantastic filters. I wouldn't use a Fram.

I've installed probably 100 Wix filters and bought probably closer to 1500 of them when I was doing diesel/fleet work. Never an issue. It's rare for the filter to be the root of an engine failure though unless the filter itself grenades. A lot of the Wix lineup is made 30 min from my house, just your interesting fact for the day. lol

The Motorcrafts are good too but with an extended interval I'd step up to an EA for the finer filtration rating.

What wipers are you guys using? I bought some Rain-X Latitudes last time, and they ****ing suck. I mean within a week they were shot. Just streaks all across the windshield.
Trico NeoForms. Mine are 2 years old and perform great. I coat my windshield with Rain X every 6 months though and it makes a phenomenal difference. Barely have to use wipers.

oems are valeo btw

·
Registered
856 Posts
Seats installed. Pretty comfortable, but I have nothing but stock seats to compare it to. Love the look. Gonna be funny having stock seatbelts till I get a cage. Oh well... F*** It

·
12,899 Posts
Those look great, Daly. How do you like them so far? I'm tempted to put them in mine this winter. Just not sure how much comfort I will lose. I drive my car a lot, so I don't wanna be uncomfortable on my trips to and from class.

I like my premium seats quite a bit, but the lower back part of them sucks ass sometimes. As does the weight of them.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Those look great, Daly. How do you like them so far? I'm tempted to put them in mine this winter. Just not sure how much comfort I will lose. I drive my car a lot, so I don't wanna be uncomfortable on my trips to and from class.

I like my premium seats quite a bit, but the lower back part of them sucks ass sometimes. As does the weight of them.

I havent driven it yet as I have to get the seat belt fastener installed. But sitting in them for a few minutes last night seemed very doable for two hour trips. To be honest if it was my DD, I would have leaned more toward a racing seat that could recline or had some adjustment. All the pads are removable and have replacement parts for more lumbar but those need to be purchased instead of just adjusting your electric seats. I loved my premium seats but I'm doing mods now that lower the weight instead of adding HP. I dont feel like building the motor right now. Perhaps this winter or something. But as for the seats I really like them. They are more comfortable then I anticipated. Hold me real well. Im not a big guy tho. Medium Frame... At 200 a piece and i got the brackets for 100 a piece. Cant touch this price. Its not a Huge name brand but great reviews and came recommended to me by another member of this forum.

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Might go look at a 03 Jetta TDI this weekend. Finally found one fairly local that in good condition that isn't outrageously priced.

·
12,899 Posts
Thinking about ordering the Cali Special valence, no fogs or diffuser. Then have a diffuser custom made sometime this winter. Hmmm, should I or should I not.

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
12,899 Posts
I want one like the World Challenge one. Just a little smaller, and with no adjusters. I know a guy who can make them however I want, just when I want to do it is the thing.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Kdaly, are those seats FIA approved? Motor is out on my power seat and really thinking about making the switch to a fixed back seat.

It doesnt say so, so I'm guessing no. I wish it explicitly said it was. My guess is if they dont say it, then they aren't.

7781 - 7800 of 10637 Posts