Modded Mustang Forums banner

7821 - 7840 of 10637 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Front window tint looks great- Just curious have you ever driving a car with it in the rain at night- I have just the rear and sides tinted and at night it is a handful - couldn't imagine the front being done- You have youthful eyes though - mine are getting old.
Thanks man, and yeah. I have been in my friends '03 Cobra which is darker than mine on both the windshield and sides in the rain. Now that I don't have night classes at college, I hopefully won't be caught in the rain at night but you never know. Just have to be careful. But, there really isn't too big of a difference of visibility at night. I have factory HID's in the car, so they are stupid bright and help a lot.

I've been looking at the 01-03ish TDI Jettas off and on for about 2 years now. Didn't go check that one out, wasn't paying attention on the CL ad and missed that it's an auto.

Treyson desperately needs a GT/CS valence and a new grill. :shiftyeyes
I'll be doing a GT/CS valence and GT500 wing this winter before boost. I'm keeping the grille though. Unless I find a Saleen upper. I like the fogs where they are though, just need to convert them to HID. I like the fogs on the GT/CS as well, but that's also more money breaking into the go-fast fund :lol

·
12,899 Posts
Who's got some track pack wheels that wants to trade for some AMR's and cash? :lol

I'm back on the stock wheels as of today :( Start class again tomorrow.

·
12,899 Posts
Care to share why?
Because he is in college and I guess summer break is over.
What he said. I don't wanna drive on the 05R's 60 miles a day 3 days a week. They would be shot. If I have some races lined up on weekends, then I'll just slap them on. I'm more scared of getting in the rain with them. I did the other day on the highway, and it was not fun at all.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Washed, treated trim with 303 Aero, tires with Optibond, and waxed it with Collinite 845.
Yea I'd say sticking with a manual is a good move. I'm a hatchback lover myself. Had an 01 vr6 GTI a few years ago, 2 focuses and now this TDI Golf, I love how practical they are.
The auto's aren't known for high mileage reliability. IIRC specifically torque converter and valve body issues.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Washed, treated trim with 303 Aero, tires with Optibond, and waxed it with Collinite 845.

The auto's aren't known for high mileage reliability. IIRC specifically torque converter and valve body issues.
Yep. I've owned 2 vdubs, both 5speed manual, only issues were shift linkage on both, not too hard to fix.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Love my Jetta. Tune Only 1.8t with 242hp and 293tq. I like it even over the base turbo 2.0t's

·
Hot rod Stang
550 Posts
Wide tires tend to hydro-plane. I know from experience. Watch for standing water on the road.

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
I'll have my GF grab the ones she took of yours tonight. She left her memory card at home. She got a couple of ours Side By Side

Looks great man!
I completely forgot to take one of both are! haha, and the blue and green GTR ran a low 7 it was an alpha 16 car

·
Registered
856 Posts
Good god, hideous but Fast Af

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Oh it looked terrible, but no telling how much money they dumped into it.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Real question here, I have pretty easy access to a lift, but when I want to work on my car at the house, I have a terrible time getting a jack under the car, does anyone know of a damn good floor jack for lowered cars?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Oh it looked terrible, but no telling how much money they dumped into it.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Real question here, I have pretty easy access to a lift, but when I want to work on my car at the house, I have a terrible time getting a jack under the car, does anyone know of a damn good floor jack for lowered cars?
I always drive up on 2x8's and then use a Craftsman 2ton. I can get to the axle tubes and the frame even on CO's

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
I always drive up on 2x8's and then use a Craftsman 2ton. I can get to the axle tubes and the frame even on CO's
Ill probably run by sears then, I need to get around to installing my rear koni shocks, and I guess im just going to have a shop install my upper control arm and bracket.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Lol Good luck with a floor jack. I always throw some 2x6/8's on 4x4 blocks for a ramp, then jack it from there.

Georgia emblem looks good but my SC emblem looks better btw. ;)

You can install the UCA and mount yourself. Easy job.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Love my Jetta. Tune Only 1.8t with 242hp and 293tq. I like it even over the base turbo 2.0t's
I'm looking into a tune for my TDi eventually. Maybe lol. Gotta do all the maintenance items first. I have amsoil otw, gonna do the fuel filter, CPS, diesel purge, cabin and intake filter ect.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm looking into a tune for my TDi eventually. Maybe lol. Gotta do all the maintenance items first. I have amsoil otw, gonna do the fuel filter, CPS, diesel purge, cabin and intake filter ect.

APR is the way to go. Its my little sleeper. Didnt want exhaust to be audible. Might do an intake and downpipe eventually. But those aren't worth it for the $$ per hp. Tune is the most effective way.

7821 - 7840 of 10637 Posts