Modded Mustang Forums banner

8721 - 8740 of 10635 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
I bought some detailing products for it. Need to save and get the Boss lower soon.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Jacked the car up today to see what the problem is. 99% postive its the UJoint on the DSS causing all the racket. Getting a buddy thats a tech to come over and triple check my thoughts.. If its true, its the second DSS DS that has failed me. Too bad I tossed my stock one. I'll have to hit up levi if he can get me a deal on an OEM one. Im done with the aftermarket DS's. Again if its the DS, I want a full refund.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If it is just the ujoint can it not be swapped for another 1350 joint from the local parts place or 4wd shop? I am assuming it is a 1350 based off of what I have read on the DSS website.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Also on your first driveshaft what failed, and is the ujoint on these a greasable version? I am curious since I have broken ujoints on my off road vehicles because of the weak spot the grease fitting brought about on the ujoint itself.

·
Lets be real
213 Posts
I did the Clutch pedal spring removal DIY today. I have to say "WOW" I did not expect that drastic of a difference. I personally love the way the clutch feels now. If you have an 11 or newer mustang and you haven't done this I highly recommend it.

·
12,899 Posts
Yup, I agree. After doing the Exedy I drove home and yanked the spring out. So much better. With the spring, it feels like I'm driving a POS car that makes no power. I can actually feel the engagement now, and the pedal effort while is a lot more, is still not even that bad.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Jacked the car up today to see what the problem is. 99% postive its the UJoint on the DSS causing all the racket. Getting a buddy thats a tech to come over and triple check my thoughts.. If its true, its the second DSS DS that has failed me. Too bad I tossed my stock one. I'll have to hit up levi if he can get me a deal on an OEM one. Im done with the aftermarket DS's. Again if its the DS, I want a full refund.
What's going on with it? I seemed to have missed it.

·
Registered
856 Posts
If it is just the ujoint can it not be swapped for another 1350 joint from the local parts place or 4wd shop? I am assuming it is a 1350 based off of what I have read on the DSS website.

Not sure man...

Also on your first driveshaft what failed, and is the ujoint on these a greasable version? I am curious since I have broken ujoints on my off road vehicles because of the weak spot the grease fitting brought about on the ujoint itself.
Made noise at the U Joint as well. They swapped it for me.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

What's going on with it? I seemed to have missed it.

It is making noise on rotation with it under load. Even the lightest amount of power applied has it making a **** ton of noise. I got under the car and even applying pressure to the drive shaft with my hands it makes noise. All bolts are secure

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Made noise at the U Joint as well. They swapped it for me.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

It is making noise on rotation with it under load. Even the lightest amount of power applied has it making a **** ton of noise. I got under the car and even applying pressure to the drive shaft with my hands it makes noise. All bolts are secure

That's odd. What could be causing it if the U joint isn't defective? Do you still have to measure the end on these after install?

The only noise mines makes is coasting real slow in neutral but I'm 99.9% sure it's my screwed up differential resonating.

·
Registered
856 Posts
That's odd. What could be causing it if the U joint isn't defective? Do you still have to measure the end on these after install?

The only noise mines makes is coasting real slow in neutral but I'm 99.9% sure it's my screwed up differential resonating.

Man I have no idea. Yeah mine did make noise in neutral as well. The OEM was silent. I'm trying to find the cheapest way to get one. Levi has a good deal on one but still looking. I want to see what DSS offers.

·
12,899 Posts
Alright, so how much am I going to hate my life doing my sway bar relocation brackets hopefully this weekend?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I just did the sway bar relo brackets. I kind of wish I did the white line rear sway bar, since it just relocates and don't have to cut. But doing them is very easy. Just remove the shocks, Sway bar, cut the lower shock mount off (I used a right angle grinder) then the brackets go in easily. Not bad to do at all.

8721 - 8740 of 10635 Posts