Modded Mustang Forums banner

9281 - 9300 of 10639 Posts

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Yup, they make great products. I really really like PNS, will probably start doing that on my truck very soon since it's my daily. I'm gonna have to order up some more of their products this week.
I like PNS but I honestly like Collinite 845 wax better. I used PNS for a while until I tried 845. The 845 beads just as well as PNS, lasts 4-6 months depending on climate/wash practices, and gives the paint insane depth/gloss. It doesn't take much at all to cover an entire car, 1 bottle will probably last 20 applications.

The first time I used 845 and the car got wet I was shocked, it was 85% dry immediately after getting rained on. If you're driving, 845 on your paint is better than RainX on your glass. Doing 60 mph in the rain, your car stays 90-95% dry.

It makes cleaning bugs/tar off a breeze too.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
what are the improvements???

·
Registered
856 Posts
@kdaly1 ... I'm not greedy, I will just trade you for the hood :grin2:

The new front end looks good Taylor! Now you need the Tiger Racing hood for the 2013 hahaha
The hood is great until anything but the sun is out. But I still love it. Especially when you see the mirage effect when the heat is extracting at stop lights. When will the motor be done. I remember you saying it was going to be done in the next month or so.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
I like PNS but I honestly like Collinite 845 wax better. I used PNS for a while until I tried 845. The 845 beads just as well as PNS, lasts 4-6 months depending on climate/wash practices, and gives the paint insane depth/gloss. It doesn't take much at all to cover an entire car, 1 bottle will probably last 20 applications.

The first time I used 845 and the car got wet I was shocked, it was 85% dry immediately after getting rained on. If you're driving, 845 on your paint is better than RainX on your glass. Doing 60 mph in the rain, your car stays 90-95% dry.

It makes cleaning bugs/tar off a breeze too.
I have 845 on my car right now, and two bottles sitting in my detailing cabinet. I swear by that stuff for any of my customers who are wanting a good wax that not only lasts, but gives nice depth.

It does bead exceptionally well for a wax, but I'm gonna have to disagree on it beading/sheeting as well as PNS. I have yet to see another product besides some coatings able to sheet/bead as well as PNS did for my car. Water hates that ****.

Which reminds me, I need to get my car back out from under the cover this weekend and clay/wax it badly.

·
Hi I'm Sean
3,962 Posts
The hood is great until anything but the sun is out. But I still love it. Especially when you see the mirage effect when the heat is extracting at stop lights. When will the motor be done. I remember you saying it was going to be done in the next month or so.
The motor will never be done haha. Money is a huge issue right now. I got pretty sick and without insurance it all came out of pocket so that took a big hit.

The heat rising is a cool thing. I remember being able to see that with my Steeda race hood on my 2009. I loved watching it!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
The motor will never be done haha. Money is a huge issue right now. I got pretty sick and without insurance it all came out of pocket so that took a big hit.

The heat rising is a cool thing. I remember being able to see that with my Steeda race hood on my 2009. I loved watching it!!
Damn, im really sorry to hear. I know you have to being dying to have this completed. Insurance is a necessary evil. I wish I lived closer to help

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I have 845 on my car right now, and two bottles sitting in my detailing cabinet. I swear by that stuff for any of my customers who are wanting a good wax that not only lasts, but gives nice depth.

It does bead exceptionally well for a wax, but I'm gonna have to disagree on it beading/sheeting as well as PNS. I have yet to see another product besides some coatings able to sheet/bead as well as PNS did for my car. Water hates that ****.

Which reminds me, I need to get my car back out from under the cover this weekend and clay/wax it badly.
That's why. Apply 845 on clean paint and you'll have the beading effect that I'm talking about. On dirty paint/paint that hasn't been clayed in a while, it doesn't bead nearly as well. I noticed the difference too when I applied it on the Jetta.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
That's why. Apply 845 on clean paint and you'll have the beading effect that I'm talking about. On dirty paint/paint that hasn't been clayed in a while, it doesn't bead nearly as well. I noticed the difference too when I applied it on the Jetta.
... it was applied on clean paint. I don't wax or put anything on my car unless it's decon'd. I just have driven on some sketchy roads in it and it's caused some contaminants to stay on it.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
what would be the best/easiest/quickest way to pick up hardware for an aftermarket mid pipe?

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
knew that was going to happen lololol

........I'm actually in Tuscaloosa :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well it's like Christmas in Feb. as they say- parts have been arriving the last 2 weeks or so. The best arrives tomorrow from Kansas. Just dropped the car off at a buddys house and he will start to rebuilt the carrier and upgrade the gear set to 3.55's- Then this weekend we will tackle the Pro Charger D1SC(All Black) Kit. Then hopefully off to the tuners mid next week to get it dialed in. Opening day at the track cant come soon enough.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Trying to decide if I should keep trying to sell the tvs kit or just put it on. Really would enjoy the CPR setup, but not really any interest in the tvs kit right now. Planning on going to Mustang week in July. I could sit on the tvs kit and wait for it to sell, but I want some sort of boost for Mustang week. Not exactly sure when the kits would be ready, plus I'll probably need a month or so to install and get it tuned.

Or I can just put the tvs kit on, kooks headers/off road x, and order weld 17x7s (already have 15x10s) and then if I want to, sell the tvs kit next winter.

If I was going to buy the cpr kit, I was going to sell obviously the tvs, kooks stuff, and 15x10 welds, to help fund the rest of the cpr kit and then just grab some polished 15x10/17x7 racestars since they're cheap, and 17x7 welds are almost a $1000 for a set.

I'll probably give the tvs kit another week or 2. If no luck, then time to start putting it on. One thing I've always loved about the tvs blowers is the OEM look. And itll feel obviously violent with all that torque. I have no problem putting the blower on at all, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it lol.

On another note, my dad bought a 2010 challenger rt in plum crazy purple. Such a beautiful looking car, and feels so nice to cruise in. He's wanted one for a long long time, so I'm happy for him.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Trying to decide if I should keep trying to sell the tvs kit or just put it on. Really would enjoy the CPR setup, but not really any interest in the tvs kit right now. Planning on going to Mustang week in July. I could sit on the tvs kit and wait for it to sell, but I want some sort of boost for Mustang week. Not exactly sure when the kits would be ready, plus I'll probably need a month or so to install and get it tuned.
If you have money and time go turbo if not go the easy route since you have it and put on the TVS. Both are more than most have. I could be happy with either. Its not easy chasing/keeping up with the internet. How much do you have in the TVS setup?

·
Hi I'm Sean
3,962 Posts
Damn, im really sorry to hear. I know you have to being dying to have this completed. Insurance is a necessary evil. I wish I lived closer to help
Thanks man! I could use the help haha. I have gotten a few things done though so I guess I should update my build thread.

I have to agree, I got fined $500 by the government for not having so when I went to go and look for insurance they were all quoting me $350 a month at the lowest most shitty coverage.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thanks man! I could use the help haha. I have gotten a few things done though so I guess I should update my build thread.

I have to agree, I got fined $500 by the government for not having so when I went to go and look for insurance they were all quoting me $350 a month at the lowest most shitty coverage.
Its insane how much insurance costs! It used to be decent ten hears ago, but premiums have tripled. I wish USAA offered healthcare ins. Luckily I have it through work or I'd have no idea where I'd go for it.

9281 - 9300 of 10639 Posts