9621 - 9640 of 10633 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Killer dude! Hope everything goes as smooth as possible

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
That's still good. Trap speed is good, trap is just about what I was doing with similar mods. Et will come down with more practice.

I'm not sure why your car does that. I never had that issue. Probably dumb, but you have advance trac completely disabled right?

Only other thing I can think of is possibly during the shift extension the RPM shoots over 8k and reverts cam timing back to 0? I honestly don't know.
Yeah, I made sure to turn it all the way off. I also have thought the cams may be reverting back to base as well. I shift it pretty high up, so it's a possibility. Just wish I could get a ****ing data log of it.

Almost worthless now though, twins should be going on at the end of the month.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
got my car back this afternoon. Everything looks great except there is some ****ing WICKED orange peel from where they painted...

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
I'll need some practice panels first lol.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Congrats Sean.

Think I just added you on FB.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts

·
Hi I'm Sean
3,962 Posts
Someone has a **** eating grin on their face right now!
You can say that again. I have been watching those clips all day on my phone! I'm getting excited!

Congrats Sean.

Think I just added you on FB.
Thanks Jacob! I thought that might be you haha. I had no idea you worked on airplanes. That seems like a pretty awesome job to have!

Geez dude that ****er sounds angry! Congrats man, car should roll out. It'll be faster than my supercharged car, that's so nasty.

When do you think it'll hit the dyno? And I added u on FB too
I hope that sound stays after they tune it. I love how rowdy it is right now. I sure do hope so, it will be a lot of fun to put maybe a car length on a FI car and open the hood and watchnin them scratch their heads. I meay put one of those NOS energy drink things in my trunk to show people the hidden bottle of Nitrous as a dumb joke.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I do man, corporate/private jets right now. It's a different job for sure, lots of responsibility.

Went test riding PWC's today...I'm hooked on a Sea Doo GTI...

Also rolled 128K

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
Went test riding PWC's today...I'm hooked on a Sea Doo GTI...
Yahama ftmfw.

So i spent about 6 hours or so doing a semi-detail on the car. Wash, clay bar, 2 coats of Sonax PNS, and then hit up the black plastic with some Aerospace 303. After everything I have two conclusions:

1) Aerospace 303 get a solid 10/10.

2) Sonax PNS gets a 11/10. This **** is absolutely amazing...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Over the past two days, I've installed the Roush Axle Back round tip exhaust, Brembo50 55D springs (rear only) and bolted on a set of Velgen VMB7 wheels (20x9 and 20x10.5) wrapped in 255/35R and 305/35R Nitto NT555 G2's.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Oh, and I ordered the Steeda Sport springs (linear), Koni STR.T dampers, Steeda Upper Strut Mounts, Steeda Adj Panhard bar, Steeda Panhard Bar Brace, and a Steeda CAI/SCT X4 tuner package.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
lookin' good.

·
Super Moderator
39,159 Posts
Over the past two days, I've installed the Roush Axle Back round tip exhaust, Brembo50 55D springs (rear only) and bolted on a set of Velgen VMB7 wheels (20x9 and 20x10.5) wrapped in 255/35R and 305/35R Nitto NT555 G2's.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Oh, and I ordered the Steeda Sport springs (linear), Koni STR.T dampers, Steeda Upper Strut Mounts, Steeda Adj Panhard bar, Steeda Panhard Bar Brace, and a Steeda CAI/SCT X4 tuner package.
:drool

Those wheels look so good on there.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Yahama ftmfw.

So i spent about 6 hours or so doing a semi-detail on the car. Wash, clay bar, 2 coats of Sonax PNS, and then hit up the black plastic with some Aerospace 303. After everything I have two conclusions:

1) Aerospace 303 get a solid 10/10.

2) Sonax PNS gets a 11/10. This **** is absolutely amazing...
Do you have a Waverunner? How do you like it. I've eliminated Kawasaki. The STX15 I rode beats the crap out of you when the Sea Doo GTI 130 is 70% smoother in the same water conditions at the same speeds. I'm leaning towards the GTI but still need to ride a Waverunner, particularly a VX.
Aerospace is excellent. The plastic trim will still fade even with 303 used but it's much more delayed. Once it fades, a good coat of Sonax Plastic Trim Restorer gel brings the deep black back, then continue using Aerospace as normal. Repeat as it refades.

Applying PNS can suck my dick though.
+1 it's a pita. That's why I use Collinite 845 instead now. Still a wax and not a sealant but beads just as nice and lasts 75-80% as long as PNS.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Towed my car to the dealer..... transmission is stuck in 2nd gear. Service writer says that their transmission guy is super busy and can get to my car till next week. so i will be driving my 1983 300d till i get my ruby back. Mt82 did well up until now just turn 27,000 miles last week. hope warranty covers everything.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Car is all finished and tuned. Was getting some knock. Car is seeing 17.5* timing at peak. Tried swapping from Brisk to NGK 6510s to see if maybe the plugs caused it, but it's still there.

Kind of a bummer, I thought I had better 93 here. I can always try a different gas station. One I know is alittle more busy.

Anyways going to head to the track Wednesday and see how she does. Throw a can of torco in it just to keep things kind of safe lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Treyson I'm jealous of the lights man they look sick.

Sean the car sounds sick man. Congrats on finally having it back together.

Shaun, what did you make and what are you hoping to run?

9621 - 9640 of 10633 Posts