Modded Mustang Forums banner

10501 - 10520 of 10632 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
I'd just like to have one vehicle that is nicer than the two I have now, and doesn't give me issues hahah. Hence the reason I've been looking at 13/14 Platinum F150's with the 3.5's a LOT lately. I found one near me I am tempted to take both vehicles and go look at this weekend... White, pecan gut. It's hot.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
Sold mine on friday. I dont regret it one bit, thankfully. Last drive in the car i smoked a new GTR that said 737whp on the license plate.
RIP, dude! Haha. That's a solid wrap, though. What kind of boat are you going to get?

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Roof that **** yourself. Supplies aren't bad; I roofed for a summer for a buddies dad and we made a killing, :lol
Come help me. lol

I would but I've gotten a rotten soffet and I don't really like to dick around with carpentry work.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

I'd just like to have one vehicle that is nicer than the two I have now, and doesn't give me issues hahah. Hence the reason I've been looking at 13/14 Platinum F150's with the 3.5's a LOT lately. I found one near me I am tempted to take both vehicles and go look at this weekend... White, pecan gut. It's hot.
Research the 3.5's hard man. I've read a lot of hit and miss stuff about them. Especially when they start getting into higher mileage. One reason I struck the Explorer Sport off my list of "highly wanted" vehicles.

·
Registered
856 Posts
RIP, dude! Haha. That's a solid wrap, though. What kind of boat are you going to get?
Trying to get a 23' SeaRay Bow Rider. Something simple with a v8. Plopped all the money from the stang towards my mortgage. Looking for the right boat now. I think i'll have to wait till boating season is over and get it this winter. All the good boats are being bought up. I gotta wait till off season.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Did the first oil change on mine since I've owned it, used that Joe Gibbs FR20. Holy Coyote tick/noises! Idk how people get used to it lol. Granted the previous owner never did the TSB for the tensioner on the A/C belt but there's definitely some new noises since the change, might go back to Motorcraft SB just because it annoys me.

·
12,899 Posts
Come help me. lol

I would but I've gotten a rotten soffet and I don't really like to dick around with carpentry work.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Research the 3.5's hard man. I've read a lot of hit and miss stuff about them. Especially when they start getting into higher mileage. One reason I struck the Explorer Sport off my list of "highly wanted" vehicles.
Heard some **** about early ones with the timing chains and tensioners breaking. My friend has a 2011 with over 100k and it's been solid. I like the 2.7's in the new F150's but I prefer the 13/14 look over the 15+. My best friend just bought a 2017 with the 2.7 and I am damn impressed with it. The 3.5's seem to have an issue with oil getting into the manifold as well so if I do buy one, it'll get an oil separator the same day. I figured I could tune the 3.5 and it would knock out over 20 MPG's on my commute rather easily. That would be amazing.

I am looking at a grey 2014 now with 25k miles. It's a platinum as well and the price is higher than I am wanting to pay but I am pretty sure I have decided that the car isn't gonna stay in my hands much longer. I have no time to mess with it and even when I drive it; I'm never too excited about it. Just kind of a "meh" feeling. If it were still bolt ons, I'd probably like it more honestly. Turbo stuff wasn't worth it. If I could do it all over again I would have left it and enjoyed it.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Did the first oil change on mine since I've owned it, used that Joe Gibbs FR20. Holy Coyote tick/noises! Idk how people get used to it lol. Granted the previous owner never did the TSB for the tensioner on the A/C belt but there's definitely some new noises since the change, might go back to Motorcraft SB just because it annoys me.
These motors are rowdy for sure. People have asked if something were wrong with it before when I would be idling, :lol

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
These motors are rowdy for sure. People have asked if something were wrong with it before when I would be idling, :lol
I actually bit the bullet and did another change, put the factory fill in with a factory filter (synthetic blend) bbq tick gone. Picky motor lol

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
Trying to get a 23' SeaRay Bow Rider. Something simple with a v8. Plopped all the money from the stang towards my mortgage. Looking for the right boat now. I think i'll have to wait till boating season is over and get it this winter. All the good boats are being bought up. I gotta wait till off season.
Yeah that's a good move. Now you just have to wait.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
That'd be the best bet. Can still talk people into letting you test drive them and they're willing to negotiate more since it's a harder sale.

Heard some **** about early ones with the timing chains and tensioners breaking. My friend has a 2011 with over 100k and it's been solid. I like the 2.7's in the new F150's but I prefer the 13/14 look over the 15+. My best friend just bought a 2017 with the 2.7 and I am damn impressed with it. The 3.5's seem to have an issue with oil getting into the manifold as well so if I do buy one, it'll get an oil separator the same day. I figured I could tune the 3.5 and it would knock out over 20 MPG's on my commute rather easily. That would be amazing.

I am looking at a grey 2014 now with 25k miles. It's a platinum as well and the price is higher than I am wanting to pay but I am pretty sure I have decided that the car isn't gonna stay in my hands much longer. I have no time to mess with it and even when I drive it; I'm never too excited about it. Just kind of a "meh" feeling. If it were still bolt ons, I'd probably like it more honestly. Turbo stuff wasn't worth it. If I could do it all over again I would have left it and enjoyed it.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I'm not sold on the 2.7. I feel like I'd end up regretting getting one of them. I wonder how much the lower displacement is going to hurt their value over the long haul. Kinda like how the 4.8 v8 didn't hold value in the GM trucks as well as the 5.3 situation.

Boss at work just bought an 3.5 with the 10 spd. Thing is pretty stout. He said he's getting about 23 hwy and around 18 on his mixed commute back and forth to work. I still can't make up my mind on what I want to do.

·
12,899 Posts
I really dig the 2.7. I am unsure on how it will be on the long haul but it is a damn nice option to have. Hauling a Rzr and smaller trailer was like nothing was behind it. My co worker also has a 2.7 and he hauls his offroad buggy and trailer with it and he says it is awesome.

I like the 2.7 because it seems quicker down low as they spool faster. Around town the 2.7 is hard to beat but I like the 3.5 for the longer hauls or heavier loads. I've been talking to the dealer pretty heavily today about that grey 2014 and I need to either just buy this or I won't get anything.

I would love to keep the car but there's a lot more **** in life I'd rather be doing than ****ing with the car every weekend just to fix it. I don't really wanna spend the time in doing so, which is pretty bad considering what it is...

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
I'm the only one looking for more mods for my car..... Lolz

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I'm the only one looking for more mods for my car..... Lolz
I think you are. lol

I'm still trying to talk myself into selling my car.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
I bet it was marvelous, wasn't it?!

·
12,899 Posts
Not really lol it still isn't fixed so I just cruised. It felt good to drive it. Maybe I'll change my mind once the boost issue is fixed.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Washed mine for the first time in weeks. Not driving so far to work every day really keeps the road grime down a ton.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
yeah I'm racking up 106 miles a day. I'm washing mine tomorrow.

·
12,899 Posts
110 miles a day here. My truck looks like I drive through clouds of bugs for fun at the end of the day.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
Lolololz. I bet you're racking up on the gas prices too.

Sadly didn't get around to cleaning mine up; gf came over and fished; which isn't a bad thing at all.

·
12,899 Posts
My truck went from 114k in January of '16 to 156k now. It helps that a buddy and I ride together now so I save money and miles.

10501 - 10520 of 10632 Posts