Modded Mustang Forums banner

10601 - 10620 of 10637 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thoughts and prayers are going up. How did you find out, if you don't mind me asking?
We became FB friends after the sale as I wanted to see the cars future. Plus he was a nice guy so why not. Then I was seeing posts to his page on my timeline about the incedent. He was a fearless guy. He had totaled two before mine and had a liter bike. He posted just 15hrs prior of him video taping himself doing 160mph in it. Ballzy move..

Just a few months ago he posted on his FB, "My journey is not to arrive at my grave with a well rested, preserved body... But rather to slide in sideways yelling... that was one hell of a ride!!!!!"

Unreal, he was loved by many, its a small town so everybody knows everybody as you know.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Finally got my 265 MP Sport AS3's mounted for the front. Didn't realize I had cord showing on the right front til early friday and decided I need to get them replaced sooner than later. The 265's look a lot better in the wheel well than the 255's did. It's crazy how much difference 1 cm of width can make.

How beneficial are cc plates for a daily? I want to do some suspension sometime later. Here's what I'm thinking

Koni oranges w/ cc plates
Koni yellows w/ gt500 strut mounts.

After having Konis myself I'd skip them. All 4 of mine have lost their rebound capability and need to go out for warranty. Once I save up some to put a set of Bilsteins on, I'll send them back and get them warrantied, then I'll be selling them to recoup some of the cost.

I'd go with the Bilstein HD's over either Koni. The Koni's are nice while they work but it's a pain having to take everything back apart and have to get another alignment just to get them replaced.

CC's allow for a lot more adjustability to get the alignment within specs. I'm using GT500 USM's over CC's only because I'm only lowered on BMR springs. Even with that drop they had to slot the struts to get within spec. Anything over 1.5" of lowering I'd go with CC's no doubt.

Guy I sold it to, crashed and passed away this morning. I cant believe it. I knew someone was going to wreck it but not this....

1 killed in Friday-morning western Jefferson County crash | AL.com
I hate to hear that man.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
After having Konis myself I'd skip them. All 4 of mine have lost their rebound capability and need to go out for warranty. Once I save up some to put a set of Bilsteins on, I'll send them back and get them warrantied, then I'll be selling them to recoup some of the cost.

I'd go with the Bilstein HD's over either Koni. The Koni's are nice while they work but it's a pain having to take everything back apart and have to get another alignment just to get them replaced.

CC's allow for a lot more adjustability to get the alignment within specs. I'm using GT500 USM's over CC's only because I'm only lowered on BMR springs. Even with that drop they had to slot the struts to get within spec. Anything over 1.5" of lowering I'd go with CC's no doubt.
If I were to drop that coin, I'd probably just find some used bc coilovers.

I've been doing some logs for the car and it feels ****ing great. Top end is killer.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
May change out the gear oil sometime soon. Should I use 75w90 or 75w140? I've read where people use both.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I just realized I haven't had tires on my Racestars in nearly 3 years...time to save up and go twist an axle or something.

Redline Heavy Shockproof and FRPP Modifier.
This +1.

Do not use Amsoil in this case. After the issues I encountered with Amsoil in my Boss differential I'll never recommend it for gear oil.

Used heavy shock proof in my old differential and was excellent. Using it in this one as well and it resolved all the issues Amsoil left on the table.

If you don't use HSP I'd recommend 75w140. It will potentially puke out the vent a little more but IMO gives much better shock load protection and film strength.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
anotha one bites the dustttttta

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
It was bittersweet to watch it drive off; but I don't miss it as much as I thought I was going to, really.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Loser. I'm back to looking at trucks pretty hard but I don't think I can let mine go. I think I've finally decided that if I can't find the Duramax I want when I get serious about buying then I'll settle for a 2016+ Silverado/Sierra 1500. They're really nice trucks.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
I still don't miss it lol. Very seriously considering not even buying another vehicle and just keeping my truck for a while. I agree with you though, the 16+ GMC's are hot. My buddy had a 2015 All Terrain and I absolutely loved it. I looked at one online yesterday. 2017, blue, 5.3, All Terrain, everything I want minus cooled seats for $42k. 5 miles on it.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Loser. I'm back to looking at trucks pretty hard but I don't think I can let mine go. I think I've finally decided that if I can't find the Duramax I want when I get serious about buying then I'll settle for a 2016+ Silverado/Sierra 1500. They're really nice trucks.
I still don't miss it lol. Very seriously considering not even buying another vehicle and just keeping my truck for a while. I agree with you though, the 16+ GMC's are hot. My buddy had a 2015 All Terrain and I absolutely loved it. I looked at one online yesterday. 2017, blue, 5.3, All Terrain, everything I want minus cooled seats for $42k. 5 miles on it.
Is it weird that I think the new chevys 1500-2500 look horrible? but in the 08+ I thought the GMCs looked horrible?

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
I think all new vehicles looks like **** when they first come out, thus making the older models look better.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Is it weird that I think the new chevys 1500-2500 look horrible? but in the 08+ I thought the GMCs looked horrible?
Yes it is. Lol I agree to a point. The 2014/15 Silverados look bad but the front end update on the 2016+ looks excellent. Especially if it has the painted to match grille surround instead of being chrome. I want one in dark gray. I keep seeing one on my way home from work and it looks mean.

I like the 07.5-13 GMCs. lol

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
Haven't washed my car in almost a month.... it hurts my soul.

Oh yeah.... and I drove a 997.1 4s this past weekend. ****ing want.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Washed mine again. It's been about a month and a half now. Taking my ski to my parent's for storage tomorrow. Will be nice being able to park the entire car under the car port again.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
bump:shiftyeyes

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
I get bored at work sometimes and have nothing else better to do.

10601 - 10620 of 10637 Posts