Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 450 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is one it's obviously dead. But I figured I would try to see what us bad ass 5.0 pushrod guys are doing....

I swapped out my power brake booster today. Kinda nice having power brakes. :) ImageUploadedByAG Free1413756804.579958.jpg it was a ergonomic pain in butt.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I walked by both of mine several times today and blew some leaves out from under them with the leaf blower. I still need a $1 plastic fuel line locking clip to finish my fuel tank swap on my 88 and I haven't got around to doing it in the last month.

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've been on I sold my 05 about a year ago to get a much needed truck. But now I'm buying 91 foxbody tomorrow Lx 5.0. I was thinking I would like to do a gt skirting package. Any recommendations or opinions are needed. Thanks to all. I've always wanted a fox so I'm very excited

·
Registered
6 Posts
It was a beautiful mid 70s to low 80s day in LA, so after taking her to the Pomona Antique Car and Swap meet I drove her around and enjoyed the day.

Then I fixed a vacuum leak that will hopefully resolve an issue when I accelerate, and the fan (blower motor, not radiator fan) slows down. I used this posting.

Lastly, I bought a "1983-93 FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE QUARTER WINDOW GUIDE RESTO KIT - FOX BODY" kit from Late Model Restoration. That will give me a project to do next weekend.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Tear down...HCI

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,951 Posts
Strapped it down to the dyno for engine break in and tuning.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had my bottle filled at a local shop and shot the bull about what to do next to the car. Ordered some larger nitrous jets for starters. Now internet shopping for short-blocks to adjustable shocks. haha

·
foxbody fanatic
59 Posts
About to do a small suspension overhaul parts start getting here in two days. Still thinking of wat springs to use plotting a t5 build soon also second gears a little clunky nowadays

·
Registered
588 Posts
Blew my drivers side headgasket, then got a call 2 hours later from the machine shop telling me my 347 will be ready for pick up tomorrow after they get done honing it. :) Soooo any other time I would be pissed but between winter coming and getting ready to rip the engine out in a week or two anyway... Owell lol. They said they couldn't flycut the Pistons for twisted wedge heads which seems weird for a machine shop that works on Nitro funny cars but I'm assuming they know what they are talking about. Maybe the way the piston was designed who knows but I guess I'll have to run either a milder cam or buy some afr's or highports or something. Kinda sucks.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,951 Posts
Blew my drivers side headgasket, then got a call 2 hours later from the machine shop telling me my 347 will be ready for pick up tomorrow after they get done honing it. :) Soooo any other time I would be pissed but between winter coming and getting ready to rip the engine out in a week or two anyway... Owell lol. They said they couldn't flycut the Pistons for twisted wedge heads which seems weird for a machine shop that works on Nitro funny cars but I'm assuming they know what they are talking about. Maybe the way the piston was designed who knows but I guess I'll have to run either a milder cam or buy some afr's or highports or something. Kinda sucks.
Nitro engines are a far cry away from a ford small block with twisted wedge heads. Probably never screwed with it and have no clue. I could cut them in my engine room. Just did it for a guy at his house with engine assembled. So can you.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts
Nitro engines are a far cry away from a ford small block with twisted wedge heads. Probably never screwed with it and have no clue. I could cut them in my engine room. Just did it for a guy at his house with engine assembled. So can you.
Could you elaborate on this?

1 - 20 of 450 Posts