Modded Mustang Forums banner

381 - 400 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
That looks really good, is it hard too do a cage?
My car will need one soon and if it's not too hard to do I may attempt it myself.

And okay my car will stay efi I was thinking of doing a carb swap but with your input I'll just leave it.

no its not hard at all I bought a pre bent 6 pt. cage for dirt cheap and my buddy welded it in for me I just assisted with a couple measurements and holding it while he tacked it in.

IMO if you wanna do a mostly street w/ occasional strip visits stay with efi. now if your doing an all out strip car with minimal street use like my 86 will be, a carb setup is cheap and perfect for that.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
no its not hard at all I bought a pre bent 6 pt. cage for dirt cheap and my buddy welded it in for me I just assisted with a couple measurements and holding it while he tacked it in.

IMO if you wanna do a mostly street w/ occasional strip visits stay with efi. now if your doing an all out strip car with minimal street use like my 86 will be, a carb setup is cheap and perfect for that.
Okay perfect,

My plan is for the car too be at the strip more than street.

May go too some car shows and what not but I'm talking driving it 2 to 3 times a month

So if I go carb that would cut down on major costs considering tuning efi and dyno runs are not really cheap here.

Too go from efi too carb what do I need?

A intake, carb and distributor?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Upgrading fan to a Lincoln Mark VIII controlled by a PWM DC Controller...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wrapped up loose ends on the Mark VIII fan install...

Reactions: Torched03Mach

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Started it up and let it run for a few minutes. I really need to finish it up...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Black Widow Mufflers

Got Black Widow Mufflers Installed Today

chambered like sound, that actually flow , well i never found any cfm about them , 3" models but you can see thru them so it can't be bad !!

just a cell video so be patient better quality will come as time allows...

cheers everybody i can't seem to find a right muffler so i tried this one ......

Marty

381 - 400 of 450 Posts