Modded Mustang Forums banner

20201 - 20220 of 20259 Posts

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Havent posted on here in a long time. Mustangs been kind of sitting since i got the new DD but i had some new parts come in today. GT500 4 piston Brembo calipers, new centric rotors and ceramic pads, and stainless steel braideds lines front and rear. The final piece of the puzzel is the powder coating machine a buddy and i are going halves on.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Havent posted on here in a long time. Mustangs been kind of sitting since i got the new DD but i had some new parts come in today. GT500 4 piston Brembo calipers, new centric rotors and ceramic pads, and stainless steel braideds lines front and rear. The final piece of the puzzel is the powder coating machine a buddy and i are going halves on.

Nice! How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Nice! How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

The calipers were 480 shipped. Then i bought new pads and rotors for 120 and caliper rebuild kits for around 20 from Rock Auto. Russel stainless brake line for 120 from AM. I also bought a powder coating machine and powder with a friend so that set me back another 120. So im roughly into it 750 minus the powdercoating.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The calipers were 480 shipped. Then i bought new pads and rotors for 120 and caliper rebuild kits for around 20 from Rock Auto. Russel stainless brake line for 120 from AM. I also bought a powder coating machine and powder with a friend so that set me back another 120. So im roughly into it 750 minus the powdercoating.

That isn't bad at all for all four corners. I'm kind of jealous I didn't do that when I had to change my rotors and pads.

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
Eastwood carries a lot of stuff and surprisingly, it's not overly expensive. Looks like you can get a gun and a small powder coating oven (honestly it just looks like a toaster oven) for around $200.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Its the Eastwood dual phase powder coating gun and Prismatic Powders. We have a throw away house oven we found. The real expensive stuff im fortunate to have at work, huge compressor, air dryer and space.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Spent the day laying on my back cussing at my car while trying to install the BMR lca's & relocation brackets that have been sitting in the basement for the past 3 months.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It's MUCH easier to swap the LCAs out when you only do one side at a time. Removing both LCAs makes it a huge pain to get the axle back into place. I also recommend installing the LCA into the bracket first (after the bracket has been installed), then pushing the forward LCA mounting point into the chassis.

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
Last time I swapped mine out, I did one side at a time and still had to use a ratchet strap to pull the axle forward and line the bolt holes up.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I soon realized my mistake shortly after I took the 2nd one off. But I didn't have much hassle from the control arms. Setting them in the relocation bracket 1st helps a lot with getting them on.

My biggest problem was the top bolt hole where the axle weights were supposed to be. Both of the precut holes in the bracket were off on both sides. When I got to the passenger side, the 2nd mounting hole with the gold spacer was 1/8" off. I had to open that top hole up on that side, along with some leverage, to line it up. I eventually got it though.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I soon realized my mistake shortly after I took the 2nd one off. But I didn't have much hassle from the control arms. Setting them in the relocation bracket 1st helps a lot with getting them on.

My biggest problem was the top bolt hole where the axle weights were supposed to be. Both of the precut holes in the bracket were off on both sides. When I got to the passenger side, the 2nd mounting hole with the gold spacer was 1/8" off. I had to open that top hole up on that side, along with some leverage, to line it up. I eventually got it though.
More often than not, it's an issue with the axle and not the brackets. Fords axle tolerances are a lot sloppier than our brackets. Between BMR tolerance and Ford tolerance though, you can end up with a tighter fit. Glad to hear you got everything installed though!

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
Got my knockoff Brembos installed tonight. Now just need to get the brakes bled. Also one of the guide pins that came with the driver's side caliper was completely the wrong pin and I had to order another hardware kit, so that sucks.

Attachments

·
Speedy Mchauls Ass
1,531 Posts
oh god. lets see...

JLT series 3 intake
sct tuner x4
pypes o/r x-pipe
mbrp axle backs (for the love of christ, don't buy them)
deleted the Charge motion plates myself
built a huge speaker box in the truck
L7 15" kicker solobaric
Dxa1500.1 1500wat rms amp
and a hurst short shifter

now if you will excuse me... Im going to drink a bottle of vodka and pass out

20201 - 20220 of 20259 Posts