Modded Mustang Forums banner

20241 - 20259 of 20259 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Cleaned the air filter and pulled the throttle body off to clean behind the butterflies

·
4,253 Posts
Had an HID headlight go out, so I ordered some LED headlight and foglight bulbs; I'm going to see how I like them vs. the HID's I've been running.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Had an HID headlight go out, so I ordered some LED headlight and foglight bulbs; I'm going to see how I like them vs. the HID's I've been running.
Hey D! I've heard LED bulbs kinda suck. I think if you get an LED housing they are good. Just what I heard.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Pulled the High Flow cats changed the tune a bit, pulled some fuel and timing and went with a 100 hit and data logged it on a back road. first pass was 12.2 sec to 115 mph second was 11.8 and the graph spread between shifts was smooth and steady. 3rd ran good and hard. Pulled the plugs and the looked very good. Going to 125 shot netted me a 119 mph past the cone with 11.7 spinning a bit. The fuel ratio was too fat that run as the bottle got soft and was feeding at 790 lbs so I am done for the year. Was 80 degrees today and temps will drop hard soon. Time to prepare to put the 50,000 mile machine away.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Drained and filled the tranny back up with some fresh Pennzoil Syncromesh last week and discovered oil draining down the back of my oil pan. It was hard to pinpoint and I didn't spend much time, but I have a feeling its the rear main seal. So, I have that to look forward to plus a new set of tires Saturday.

But my wife ordered me an MGW flat stick to replace my Hurst. I'm interested to see the difference. I have close to 80k on the Hurst as it is now.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Wow this place is dead. Finally had time and nice enough weather on the same weekend to swap in my MGW flat stick. What a difference. Only complaint is that it seems the shifter is a little off center in the shifter opening. 1st and 2nd are very close to the edge of the opening. 5th looks like neutral. May try to loosen up the bolts again and try realigning.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Removing the N2o and going to go boost. New classes heads up pro tree running 1/4 one power adder allowed methanol allowed all makes and models. Point system.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Removed the Underdrive Pully and dug out the stock ones. The rust on the stock pulley was so bad I decided to clean it up and after working with a dremel and wire brushes and a bit of sanding I got it cleaned up and painted, no marks on it for the timing is always odd to look at. Painted a white line to match the notch so it would be easier to see where TDC is.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Still working on the Supercharger install. Relocating everything to make room. 10 hour install my ass. I'm 20-30 beers into this install and still only 1/2 way through it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Going out of my mind, changing the Thermostat and rubber O ring falls out with the old one and its gone.....gone where the 10mm sockets
go

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
I washed, compound, polish, black light, and waxed my GT for the first time in the 9yrs I’ve had it. I clayed it last week after washing it so I was able to skip it this round. Took 8hrs and wore my ass out. I’m glad I don’t detail cars for a living as it’s tough work.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Got the supercharger installed......spark plugs, injectors and all the hooplaa....Now to do the Kennebell BAP and fill the fluids....and find the leaks...lol.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Doing an hour of work on a car each day before or after work makes modding seem to take forever. Filled up all the fluids after midnight shift and took car for a ride after final checks and even though I was tired I was not going to get any sleep unless I took it for a ride. Was Glad I did, even with the leaking Freeze Plug I slept well. Its just a seep....I hate a additive to make it go away.....but.....

20241 - 20259 of 20259 Posts