Status
Not open for further replies.
5041 - 5060 of 19030 Posts

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
how the **** do you get this bolt out

it spins but wont come out even with hammering on it
Lower control arm bolt? That happened to me too! It must be rusted in the metal piece between the rubber. I took off the whole control arm as well with mine and beat the life outta that bolt. Got it out and bought new bolts for it.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Lower control arm bolt? That happened to me too! It must be rusted in the metal piece between the rubber. I took off the whole control arm as well with mine and beat the life outta that bolt. Got it out and bought new bolts for it.
where did you buy new bolts for it

did you have any problems taking the upper bolt off the lower control arm

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i gave up, the bolt is not moving. Started putting it back together.

Looks like im going to have to take it to a shop with some bigger tools or something.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Well I'm just taking it to a shop. They were already going to do the gears so throwing the rear into the car shouldn't be much more. Maybe an hour with a lift

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
On a side note WVU is the best college everrrrr immmm so nice atm

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
@southfour

Ya. If they know what they are doing. It takes me about 45 mins with a lift, gastank jack, screw jack, and my air tools. And knowing how to do it quickly.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Ya. If they know what they are doing. It takes me about 45 mins with a lift, gastank jack, screw jack, and my air tools. And knowing how to do it quickly.
called the shop thats doing the gears and they said it would be 1k to do the gears and swap the rear, it was $500 for just the gears.

Looks like im going to be cutting the bolt out.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,058
I'm turning 21 in approximately 17 hours. My liver is not prepared.
being 21 is over-rated...and once you're legal to drink it looses it's appeal. now lets try to keep it on topic in here lol.

@south...a rear swaps not that bad..do it yourself...if you aren't wanting to do the gears (which i don't blame you)...the install for the gears actually sounds about right...i mean call around to see others prices but your gonna be in that price range. maybe just have them do the gears and then take the rear home and install it yourself :yes

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
being 21 is over-rated...and once you're legal to drink it looses it's appeal. now lets try to keep it on topic in here lol.

@south...a rear swaps not that bad..do it yourself...if you aren't wanting to do the gears (which i don't blame you)...the install for the gears actually sounds about right...i mean call around to see others prices but your gonna be in that price range. maybe just have them do the gears and then take the rear home and install it yourself :yes
i have no problem installing the rear myself, i actually hate that i might have to pay for it to be done. I just cant get this ****ing bolt to move and i havent even tried the other side yet.

5041 - 5060 of 19030 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.