Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
19021 - 19030 of 19030 Posts

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
**** this noise.. some mods are dicks end of story.. no one wants their car made fun of even if they have nuts. So **** you johnson. I'm not crying I am complaining about the lack of moderation in other threads.. I don't think many people understand if a car isn't what.they want it to be doesn't mean they should automatically make fun of it.. and then the mods just ignore it because the.more popular people are.the rude ones. It isn't ****ing high school. Its basically a mustang apprixiation club.. just not fair to us v6 guys. At all.
Let me offer some clarity to this issue. And Skargon, when you come back you are free to address this further with me in a pm if you wish. But you are way overreacting to this situation.

It always feels when we ask people to do or not do something as if we are 'picking on' people. This is not the case.

The most important aspect of this forum is tech. Without tech, and without cars, we have a thread, forum section, entire forum, about tits, ass, and girlfriend issues. Which, while compelling in it's own right, is not what the heart of this forum is meant to be.

If anyone thinks that it makes us dicks to ask that tech sections remain tech, then you don't know what life can be like at many other car forums. Are we really dicks? We have instituted, to name a few, in no particular order, with many of these things requested by you, the members:

-Clubhouse
-Underground
-Burnout Box
-Gentleman's Club
-Ammo Barn
-Politics Section
-Bike Talk
-Forum games

These, and many other suggestions that often come from you members, are instituted for you to enjoy. We create, employ, organize, and run, all of these ideas and sections. Now, I'm not asking for a cookie for this, but I feel compelled to chime in when I see the line of thought that we're being assholes thrown around.

We do this **** for free. So bear this in mind:

Just because you think other sections are 'getting away with it too!' is:

A. Juvenile.
B. 10% of the time yes, maybe someone else 'got away with' the same thing, because yes, in light of the fact that we do this for free and only actually spend 22.5 hours a day on this forum instead of 24, we do sometimes miss stuff.
C. The other 90% of the time, you have NO idea what we've done to work towards an issue, whether it's with a thread, a member, an entire section, an argument... you do not see the pms. You often do not see the posts and or threads we have deleted, edited, moderated, moved.

Just because you have seen 1 or 2 or 10 threads or posts with the same thing we're asking you for or not to do, doesn't mean there aren't 1000 other threads we haven't been addressing. This is an ongoing thing trying to keep this forum clean and organized and fun, but if we let the tech sections turn into cliquey little places where guys have clubhouse chat and tech info becomes hard to find and come by, then this forum will die.

We do not ask a lot of our members.

Please do not flame or attack members outside the burnout box.
No threats of any kind, ever.
No racist crap.
Keep tech threads tech.
Don't spam the boards, and don't advertise.

Want to talk street racing? Got it. Bikes? Yup. Guns? Nailed it. Boobs? Aplenty. ENTIRE SECTION dedicated to NSFW stuff. And if you REALLY want to tell that guy he's a flaming ****wad of ****stickian proportions, we even made a section JUST FOR that.

Yup, we're plenty strict here.

Then, to top all that off, unlike a lot of forums where guys get instantly banned just for not being part of a cliquey club or for saying the word '****', let alone calling the all mighty and vaunted moderaters dicks, we don't even go that far. We have an infraction system, which while some guys seem to take infinitely personal, is the alternative for us to permabanning members. It's a way of telling someone "Chillax dude.", and hoping that tempers cool and we don't lose a member.

So in light of all that, if us asking to keep tech sections and tech threads on point, which ironically is only better for your forum section, makes us dicks... someone ship me a box of condoms, because I need to suit up.

Peace.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Now we're assholes... wow. You clearly did not read a word I wrote.

NOW I'm an asshole. This debate is done.

Feel free to write to me in a pm why I'm an asshole if you wish to debate this further. Don't clutter up this thread any more with this ridiculousness.
I think the whole problem zip is that since they do not visit the other tech sections they do not see that they are also moderated. I have been on some really stricked Snowmobile forums, And also a forum that banned non paying members because the admin didn't like the random people. Zip you guys are not asshole. I just think that some don't venture into the other tech sections. They are in their own little world here.

*I was not in before the delete

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I think the whole problem zip is that since they do not visit the other tech sections they do not see that they are also moderated. I have been on some really stricked Snowmobile forums, And also a forum that banned non paying members because the admin didn't like the random people. Zip you guys are not asshole. I just think that some don't venture into the other tech sections. They are in their own little world here.

*I was not in before the delete
Funny thing is I'll sit here and talk **** out with anyone all day long... we do actually listen to our members. And I don't mind different opinions or ideas. However, I started arguing with him before I realized I had missed his previous posts where he was calling this place a shithole, so I should have known better where his head was at.

And yes, I know that some guys don't 'venture out and about', which is partly why I wrote what I did, to encourage guys who maybe don't do that to try the rest of the forum out. :)

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
I actually spend most of my time in the Modular Motors 99-04 section. Not gonna lie guys, they have, for the most part, the same car as us besides drivetrain and have done much more adventurous things with their cars. Anything non-drivetrain related has probably been tried in there. I.E. interior/exterior mods and even driveshaft to rear-end and suspension.

I'm not saying bail on this place, but you should definitely go and check out that section if you wanna see some other creative things you might be able to do with your car.

99-04 does stay a bit more on topic with most of what they talk about in there.

19021 - 19030 of 19030 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.