Modded Mustang Forums banner

261 - 280 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
That's pretty much the best electric blower out there for this. Good choice. Did you do research and find it? .. or did you get THAT lucky? :D
I actually did quite a bit of searching, Toro does make one model up from this one but I wanted it today and decided my local Ace could use the business.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
i got a package in on Tuesday..nothing major. I got 6 more of the Rolled Edge cobra MF towels. So far they are the best towel I have used. I got a bottle of the Sonax Nano Paint cleaner and 31oz of Finish Kare 425 QD.

Heading out to give the Paint cleaner a go on the paint with a Crimson Hydrotech pad

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Forgot to add I also picked up a bottle of Rejex. I think I'm going to try it on the wheels.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just got my full jar (200 ml) of Dodo Juice Supernatural. I used up all of that sample pot I bought about a month ago and just fell in love with it. The only other product I used was that Meg NXT paste and I wasn't happy at all with it.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I just got my full jar (200 ml) of Dodo Juice Supernatural. I used up all of that sample pot I bought about a month ago and just fell in love with it. The only other product I used was that Meg NXT paste and I wasn't happy at all with it.
Yeah, NXT is the kind of product you buy when you first breaking the ice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just completed my first order of detail products. I was lucky enough to come across a Porter Cable on Craigslist for pretty cheap. About to spend double what i paid for the unit on products i need to go with it :eek:
Ordered a set of 6 Lake Country 6.5 CCS pads, Meguires Mirror Glaze #105, Meguires Mirror Glaze #205, and Cobra Miracle Towels.
Still looking for the best price on the BlackFire line of products and looking for a high quality wax as my LSP.
Gotta give a big thanks to Nasty on this one for outlining his detail in detail lol. I'm basically replicating what he did in hopes that I can get mine to look half as good as his :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
i would try and see if you can change that out to 5.5" pads they will work better with the PC
Rookie mistake I guess :dunno I just went with what they recommended on autogeek. They said to go with the 6.5 bc it gives you a bit more overhang on the backing plate to reduce the risk of f*ing up and nicking the surface with the backing plate. I'd figure I better play it safe since I've never really used one of these.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
no they offered 6.5" pads for a long time with their PC and finally after enough members bitched they now offer kits with the 5.5" pads instead..they have good customer service so if you just ordered it and it didnt ship I am sure you can call and get it changed for a 5.5" kit

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
and the 5.5" are still good to use with a 5" backing plate or do i need to order a smaller one??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welp...too late for that. Just got off the phone with them and they had just placed my order on the truck for shipping. I guess I'll just learn on the 6.5" and order the 5.5" next time around. I'm too anxious to return the whole deal and wait for the new ones to come in. We'll see how it goes.:dunno

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
So are you using 6.5 pads on a 5' backing plate?

·
Registered
145 Posts
No. I just got the order today and the 6.5" look way to big. Im going to return them and get the 5.5"

261 - 280 of 342 Posts