Modded Mustang Forums banner

321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
they cant be that bad man, thats really my only option i think, i dont think they make 3.5 inch backing plates for my Griots....it was a recommendation by danny, ill look into it before i order, i need something smaller than 5.5 inches to reach the harder places, side skirts, license plate area, a, b, c pillars, front bumper, ect.

The really tiny spots will be by hand of course. Im so close to having all my products, im stoked, i cant wait to correct my whole car, gettin her ready for mustang week :) :)

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Are you guys changing out counter-weights when you go to smaller pads/backing plates? I haven't and its been working fine, just curious.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
You can use 4" pads on a 3" backing plate its perfectly fine I use my Uber 4" pads all the time on my Gloss it 3" backing plate. I also have some 3M pads that are smaller either 3 or 3.25" something like that for really small areas. I personally rather use a 4" that the 3" because its safer when correcting since you have that over hang also the Uber 4" pads have a beveled edge and the 3M's dont which is more dangerous if it comes in contact with the paint. I doest hurt to have both though on my 3M's cut the edges off about a 1/3" to make them beveled as well so they are safer to use.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
You can use 4" pads on a 3" backing plate its perfectly fine I use my Uber 4" pads all the time on my Gloss it 3" backing plate. I also have some 3M pads that are smaller either 3 or 3.25" something like that for really small areas. I personally rather use a 4" that the 3" because its safer when correcting since you have that over hang also the Uber 4" pads have a beveled edge and the 3M's dont which is more dangerous if it comes in contact with the paint. I doest hurt to have both though on my 3M's cut the edges off about a 1/3" to make them beveled as well so they are safer to use.
^^This lol. I think im gonna order the rest of my stuff tomorrow, i need to correct my paint badly, and get some aquartz on there.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Nice Michael! will you let me know if you like it more than Adams Americana

·
Registered
280 Posts
The 4" pads on the 3" plate is fine. That is what I used and it doesnt hang over as far as you might think plus when your using the smaller one your probably in a tight spot and need the protection of the overhang a little.

·
MM's Official Troll
679 Posts

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
What were you planning on using the brush on? Painted wheels? or the vehicle's paint? I wouldn't use it on the vehicles paint. The only brush like that I'd be willing to use on the vehicle's paint would be the one from Race Glaze or similar but they aren't selling that at AutoGeek !!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was gonna use it to clean around the emblems etc. Well I can use for the wheels, gas cap and every other part on the exterior that doesn't touch the paint.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just ordered 32oz Optimum No Rinse, hopefully I like it as much as everyone else, plus it'll be nice since I live in apartments. Also 1 liter of the Carpro Eraser

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
Not the most exciting thing ever, but I just got these in today to help dry interiors after using the hot water extractor.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
What were you planning on using the brush on? Painted wheels? or the vehicle's paint? I wouldn't use it on the vehicles paint. The only brush like that I'd be willing to use on the vehicle's paint would be the one from Race Glaze or similar but they aren't selling that at AutoGeek !!
I was gonna use it to clean around the emblems etc. Well I can use for the wheels, gas cap and every other part on the exterior that doesn't touch the paint.
The Swissvax Detail brush is just what you need it works great I have one that I got mine from Phil and use it sometimes when I wash my Mach after I snow foam it down.

321 - 340 of 342 Posts