Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be asked a lot but im just wondering what it would take with bolt ons. other than that what times do you think i would make now?

i have

steeda UDP
K&N filter with silencer removed
Steeda X pipe
Steeda Cat back
93 race tune
Steeda Short through
Lowered with ebak springs
275 tires front and back
3.73 gears
also a 160 pound Driver (ME)

not hate on me lol, but im just curious what times i might make now, and what else i need to improve them

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
short throw on my auto ;)

kiding lol its a 5 speed with a forza 3.2 clutch if the clutch matters any

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Nevermind... didn't realize you said N/A.

Suspension and tires. Period.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
short throw on my auto ;)

kiding lol its a 5 speed with a forza 3.2 clutch if the clutch matters any
Yeah, LOL missed where you listed your "short through" haha

in that case, sticky tires and a set of rear control arms and drive it like you stole it. You have enough power for 12.99s with some practice.

Nevermind... didn't realize you said N/A.

Suspension and tires. Period.
Yup, plus treating your car like you hate it a lot

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a 12 second car now? thats pretty BA

with out the control arms though, what whould i make, with just my mods right now?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I'm wondering how to dip into the 12's with street tires. I'm sure it is possible with bolt ons. Maybe...
Street tires will give a 1.9 60ft as an absolute best which isn't enough to yield a 12 sec slip on bolt-on power.

i have a 12 second car now? thats pretty BA

with out the control arms though, what whould i make, with just my mods right now?
You have a mid 13 second car right now. Once you get control arms, slicks/drs, and start practicing, you could be in the 12.9 range with the power you have.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I'm wondering how to dip into the 12's with street tires. I'm sure it is possible with bolt ons. Maybe...
N/A sure, with just bolt on's no. I ran a 8.49 on street tires which converts to a 13.3 with my 18's. They say just front runners knock around .15 off your 1/8th time. If I had lightweight 15's up front and rear I MIGHT be very close to a 12 on street tires but that's with good suspension and a cam.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Weight reduction, especially up front.

Remove the front sway bar when you're at the strip.

Sticky tires are a must (drag radials or slicks).

LCAs will help for sure.

Launch it like you want to break it (5500 rpms).

Be perfect on every shift point.

In other words, practice.

You probably still won't get the 12 but you might.

Other little things that helped me:

Adjustable front struts set to full soft setting.

Removed the A/C.

Moved the battery to the trunk.

Pulled the passenger seat (4 bolts - 5 minutes).

I did it with 265rwhp (STD correction).

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
this might be asked a lot but im just wondering what it would take with bolt ons. other than that what times do you think i would make now?

i have

steeda UDP
K&N filter with silencer removed
Steeda X pipe
Steeda Cat back
93 race tune
Steeda Short through
Lowered with ebak springs
275 tires front and back
3.73 gears
also a 160 pound Driver (ME)

not hate on me lol, but im just curious what times i might make now, and what else i need to improve them
13.90's.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
+1
I ran a 13.7 on DRs yesterday, bogged off the line with a 1.9 60'. That should give you an idea of what it can run. I think I could get 13.5 or 13.4 out of mine tops. I would say made a tenth or a little more added for your time.
Best I could get out of mine on street tires was 14.03 and only ran on DRs twice.
Best bet to break 12s would be built heads with a good cam... Or obviously a blower which is the route I'm going.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
you dont have to remove the sway bar, just undo the end links from the control arms, makes it easier to put back together when you head/get home

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you can get into the 12's with the right parts and driving the hell out of it. several of us go/went 12's on stock long blocks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts