·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody understand this stuff?

·
Registered
569 Posts
you need to count the times it blinks ... it will blink fast then pause for a couple seconds then blink again and on the fast blinks you need to count how many times it blinks fast then wirte that number down then after a couple seconds count the times and write it ...example 2 blinks then 7 blinks your code is 27. then if will pause for longer and do it again thats a seperate code.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
believe me Ive tried that, I just cant get it right, plus for 94-95 they have 3 number codes. If someone could take a look at my videos it would mean a lot. thnx

·
Registered
299 Posts
These are my EEC codes for my 94 mustang GT, cant tell what they mean so I took videos.

KOEO-

Video of KOEO - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

KOER-
http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...rrent=KOER.flv
For KOEO I got codes 172 HEGO (o2 sensor) sensor circuit indicates system lean (right side) & 176 HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean (left side)

For KOER I got code 172.

You are running lean on both banks. I would look for a vacuum leak somewhere. Also check your fuel pressure. There is a bunch of stuff it could be but that will get you started. I'm sure others will chime in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For KOEO I got codes 172 HEGO (o2 sensor) sensor circuit indicates system lean (right side) & 176 HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean (left side)

For KOER I got code 172.

You are running lean on both banks. I would look for a vacuum leak somewhere. Also check your fuel pressure. There is a bunch of stuff it could be but that will get you started. I'm sure others will chime in.
Alrite thnx alot, I was pretty sure I needed to change my o2 sensors already, but I see thats not the only problem, I should probably get a fuel pressure gauge while Im at it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Alrite thnx alot, I was pretty sure I needed to change my o2 sensors already, but I see thats not the only problem, I should probably get a fuel pressure gauge while Im at it.
I don't think your o2's are bad. They seem to be doing their job by letting you know you are running lean. If it was only one o2 then I might say it was bad. check for vacuum leaks first, and check fuel pressure, check timing too. You need to check all the basics first, before you start throwing parts at it. It could be a sensor also. You need to check the easy stuff first.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think your o2's are bad. They seem to be doing their job by letting you know you are running lean. If it was only one o2 then I might say it was bad. check for vacuum leaks first, and check fuel pressure, check timing too. You need to check all the basics first, before you start throwing parts at it. It could be a sensor also. You need to check the easy stuff first.
Ok I disconnected my IAT sensor and it ran better than ever, felt better throttle response more horsepower and torque by about 50%.could that be why I was running lean because my IAT sensor is messed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts