Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! Brand new to the forum, brand new to the stang and brand new to modding... cars anyway. The only thing close to a mod that I did to my last car was drop in a K&N. So, my question is, what do you guys normally do with the original parts that you take off? I've been modding motorcycles for years and years, and I've always kept my original parts and reinstalled them before I sold a bike. Since mods really don't add any value to the bike, I'd get more by selling the parts separately. Now on cars, the parts are a lot bigger, and I don't really have a place to store them. I just installed the SVT mufflers on my GT and have posted the originals on craigslist. So tell me, what do you guys do with the take offs? On a side note, what do you guys think is a fair price to ask for the original mufflers? They were only on the car for three weeks and are in good condition apart from some minor scratches on the tips. The cheapest I've been able to find them online new is $157 for the right and $241 for the left. ANyway, glad to be here. I hope I can learn quite a bit while I'm here!

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Sell the stock ones for like 150 200 bucks. they are stock. :(. Take off stuff I have alwasy piled into the barn and just held onto incase i damaged the good after market stuf

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I take off my parts and put them in storage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Everything ive taken off my stang is in my garage. Its not the most space efficient thing to do but for the most part i feel better keeping the factory parts.

·
Registered
664 Posts
My parts are scattered about the house. One day this car will be worth more original than modded so when it comes time I will re-install all the original parts. Or if anything ever breaks im not forced to but something else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My parts are scattered about the house. One day this car will be worth more original than modded so when it comes time I will re-install all the original parts. Or if anything ever breaks im not forced to but something else.
Hey Morty, I see you're in VB. I'm in NN, so I'll just bring my parts over and scatter them all over your house too! :D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Stuff them into my garage's attic. I'm with Morty, I might need them later either for a part or I'll need the money.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hey Morty, I see you're in VB. I'm in NN, so I'll just bring my parts over and scatter them all over your house too! :D
You can do that but ill warn you they will probably end up on craigslist. I could always use some extra cash for new mods :D

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Depends on what car or car part honestly. For me anyway. If I don't think it is something I can easily pick up I will store it away.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
hell yea! Morty just bring them across the parking lot-- ill sell them for you and add new mods to mine.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Are we all in the Navy?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
we all must be gaylors...eh..sailors?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Must be at least a 2nd by now---06 you came up with the name?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Hospitalman? HM...HoMo? lol

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I'm in the Marines, a department of the Navy, if that counts lol.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts