Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted a thread a few days about about a 99 cobra im looking at. it already has a cold air intake, shifter, dyno tune, and flowmasters. with the extra money i would have left from selling my car i am gonna get a bbk twin 65mm throttle body, lightning maf, mac longtubes, mac o/r h pipe, bbk underdrive pullies, 4.10s, and some steeda springs. How do you guys think ill stand up to lt1's and ls1's, each respectivley?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
throw a solid axle swap into that list of new mods and i think youd absolutely rape lt1s and be able to beat a stock ls1 f-body

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
keep the IRS you may want to go around corners!
+1 u could just beef up the irs and do decent launches from a dig and do REALLY good through the curves.

·
Registered
599 Posts
its possible but not that easy some of them run like hell from the factory. i lost to a 99 T/A that has a cat back, LS6 intake K&N FIPK and a few other minor bolt ons when i was all stock and went door to door with him with my race springs,shocks and 4.10s

·
Registered
335 Posts
you gotta remember the mach 1 has a solid axle so it has a advantage to the cobra and the ss in the 1/4 mile just not curves.....but i beat a lightening by alot

·
Registered
599 Posts
a stock mach 1 will run roughly a 13.1 and a stock 99-02 cobra will run a 13.3 as rated by MM&FF ive seen alot of stock ls1's run high 12's not sayin you didnt beat that guy becasue maybe you can drive he cant whatever or your car is just faster im just sayin those cars are fast right off the assembly line

·
Registered
599 Posts
the ss has a solid axel

·
Registered
335 Posts
yeah i mean its really a drivers race but when the engine is a full liter bigger they should win by way more lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
the above is true

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
its possible but not that easy some of them run like hell from the factory. i lost to a 99 T/A that has a cat back, LS6 intake K&N FIPK and a few other minor bolt ons when i was all stock and went door to door with him with my race springs,shocks and 4.10s
that t/a probably shouldve walked u.

·
Registered
599 Posts
in a cocky way i can drive :) and he only went 13.1 at the track with those mods

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my 94 cobra pulls em through first the a little of second with only a few bolt ons...so i was hopin that with the 4.6 cobra id have better luck at hangin with em. hes a cocky s.o.b. and i wanna see the look on his face when he gets beat by a mustang.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts