Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into purchasing some cams over the winter and i found a place called modular head shop they make a stage 2 cam 525/500 lift 226 duration for the 2v pi motor they have a dyno sheet of a stock motor with a catback not even a cai and make 260 rwhp, with my mods which are listed in the garage according to the shop i should make close to 300 rwhp, anyone running these cams? :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought the stage 2.5 N/A cams, still breaking in the motor so no dyno #'s yet, but Nick the owner is very helpful and really knows his stuff when it comes to modular motors.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
yup thats a pretty small one.. probably a stage 1 right?

my blower cams are 228/[email protected] 536/540 lift 114 LSA

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its actually a stage 2 cam it says this is the biggest cam i can run without having piston clearance issues. and i can still run the factory maf and injectors this is just a street car i just want to be able to run high to mid twelves and still be streetable hopefully i can acheive that with a good dyno tune.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
its actually a stage 2 cam it says this is the biggest cam i can run without having piston clearance issues. and i can still run the factory maf and injectors this is just a street car i just want to be able to run high to mid twelves and still be streetable hopefully i can acheive that with a good dyno tune.
There are 8 secound Street cars out there im sure you will be fine;)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
very true! if i end up getting these what type of intake manifold do you suggest? these make power from 1800 to 6000.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
GO CUSTOM! I'm going here when I get cams. Stage 2 FTW!

Custom Cams
oh yeah, waste money and go custom. everyone is so tied up on "going custom" when it would be a waste of money. cam developers spend so much R&D time in making cams so that that they can effectively supply the market with cams that will suit the needs of most people.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
GO CUSTOM! I'm going here when I get cams. Stage 2 FTW!

Custom Cams
Just checked out that link,Not to bad for someone to order a set of "Custom" Cams with out even knowing all that much about them.

But how do you know how much overlap your going to have?or is it just a surprise when it shows up;)

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
oh yeah, waste money and go custom. everyone is so tied up on "going custom" when it would be a waste of money. cam developers spend so much R&D time in making cams so that that they can effectively supply the market with cams that will suit the needs of most people.
+1

But at the same time there probably just throwing the "Custom Cams" out there like its somthing special to attract people and its a direct copy of an off the shelf set of cams.:confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
well...if my motor was N/A then okay but mine isn't.
I didn't know cam developers made thier cams to fit every modified motor in the world! Must be amazing that cam developers know everyone's setup.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
well...if my motor was N/A then okay but mine isn't.
I didn't know cam developers made thier cams to fit every modified motor in the world! Must be amazing that cam developers know everyone's setup.
how about you read my post again and see that i said most people. i too have a set of custom grinds for my build.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
when i do get these cams would u guys get a bigger maf and injectors or would it woek better with the stock ones it says i can run the stock setup with these but could the bigger maf and injectors squeeze me out a little more power or could it hurt me?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts