Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painting my hood vent bezels gloss black. Rio red gt gloss black bullitt style wheels with brushed aluminum lip, gloss black shorty antenna, soon to be tinted windows, blacked out tails and smoked headlights and fogs. Blacked out badges and pony. You think painting just the hood vent bezels gloss black be too much or is it worth a try?

·
Registered
594 Posts
You are talking about the nostrils near the back of the hood right?
Should be fairly easy. You could probably just clear coat them for the gloss effect. They are already black. You could do the same for the plastic piece that holds on the windshield wipers in place just so everything matches. Mine is fading, I'm looking to do the same.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not talking about the plastic piece though I'm talking about the actual metal piece bezel that holds the pastic piece in place.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im talking about this:
94-95 SN95 Hood Grille Trim & Insert RH LH

i've already decided to paint them. they look good so far, but its gonna be a hit or miss on if they look good on the rio red hood or not. we'll see tomorrow after i sand them and lay down the clear coat.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
they look so so, i tried it once on my 96 v6, ended up having them stripped and having hedahls mix me a a rattle can of rio red and changing them back before i sold it. I did paint the vents inside gloss black though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i did this on mine, it helped the color theme of black and white for my ride. Check out my garage for pics. i have been blacking out parts of the car like, front pony emblem, fender emblems shorted antenna, tailight housing( just threw in 96-98 tailights with black housing) rear wing, and the ugly rims. As for my tailpipes i cut them off and a buddy of mine and I did them Solar Rain (black chrome powder coat)

ive been using Rustoleum Semi Gloss enamel, i find the shine is not too glossy. kind of a matted look. post some pics soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts