Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running 12.9 @ 117 with a 2.15 60Ft. Here is one of my first passes. I think my 60 was like 2.2 on this one but got better later. First trip to the track. So what do you think it will run with more tire?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
alot faster....117 trap is about 9 to high for a 12.9 haha

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
get slicks and you'll be killin boys

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
with a good set of dr's definitly a 12.20-12.00 car that 60 foot is killing you! there is a kid from texas running stock heads with longtubes stage 2 hitech cams with all the bolt on's with slicks it ran 12.16 @111, you will definitly be in that catagory. check out the video it is on youtube type in 12.16 n/a mustang.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
with a good set of dr's definitly a 12.20-12.00 car that 60 foot is killing you! there is a kid from texas running stock heads with longtubes stage 2 hitech cams with all the bolt on's with slicks it ran 12.16 @111, you will definitly be in that catagory. check out the video it is on youtube type in 12.16 n/a mustang.
He also has full suspension and is weighs like 3200 with him in it. His name is trevor, he's a member here and many other forums.

With the power your putting down on slicks you should be able to cut at least a 1.6 and possible break 11's

I wouldn't do a 315 et street radial. I'd get a 26x11.5x15 et street bias ply and be done. If your gonna spend that much money get the bias plys since you wont be running then on it daily

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He also has full suspension and is weighs like 3200 with him in it. His name is trevor, he's a member here and many other forums.

With the power your putting down on slicks you should be able to cut at least a 1.6 and possible break 11's
The car has way more power in it. It was only making 4PSI of boost thanks to a dime size hole in my ebay intercooler. You dont think ET streets will be enough? I do have a full suspension but I cant drive even close to trevor. I've seen his vids.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

I wouldn't do a 315 et street radial. I'd get a 26x11.5x15 et street bias ply and be done. If your gonna spend that much money get the bias plys since you wont be running then on it daily

what do you suggest for me i have 15x8 welds and need some dr's i run 275/60 street tires but they rub when i hit a bump, 275/50 maybe what do you think?:confused:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well a 275 50 will be a 25.8" tall tire so pretty close to stock. Right now you are running damn near a 28" tall tire which is pretty damn big. Thats actually prolly hurting you since you dont have to power to need a tire that big. I'd go with a 275/50 or a 275/55 if you want a taller tire than stock

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Are your fenders rolled? the backspacing looks a bit off

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well if they are rubbing right up on the inside of the fender you can have that rolled to give you more clearance. Is your tire rubbing when you launch? any where? like inner or outer fenderwell?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
it doesn't rub when i launch, but during driving on the street it rubs constantly maybe i need to lose weight lol, it does rub the fender right on the inner edge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts