Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on my 95 coupe. I have been thinking about paint and will be for a while until I get to the body work which there is plenty of. could be 6 months away. I will be spraying it so nothing to complicated is an option.

I have used 17" 95 cobra r polished wheels. I am considering painting it matte black. not flat, but like the black trim paint that is between flat and gloss black.

I am thinking it would look BAD:cool: with tinded windows and the wheels and lowered.

I realize that I probably wouldn't be able to wax it.

Well tell me what you think. :tomatoThis is just one of my ideas and am not set on it in any way.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i like the flat and matt blck ...do it and take pics

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am also consideing gloss black. Or a dark green. I'm thinking single stage paint so probably not metalics.
Got any non metalic colors that look good? I know I don't want red or yellow.

·
Registered
685 Posts
go gloss black, nothing looks better than a shiny black car. Imo

·
Registered
417 Posts
true you can't wax on matte or flat and if you are going to paint it MAKE SURE YOU USE RETARDER I am a painter myself and that is one thing tricky about flat or semi gloss/matte finishes they tend to have "dry spray" if you really want that look I would say black base coat with satin clear it will flatten out the gloss but still protect the paint..........remember any dark color esp.black will show any flaws in the body work so I would prime my bodywork block it with 180 and reprime the entire car and wetsand with 400 try not to cut through the body work or old color cause the primer will act as a sealer so put two to three good wet coats on it..........If you need and help shoot me a pm and I will offer any help I can

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I am also consideing gloss black. Or a dark green. I'm thinking single stage paint so probably not metalics.
Got any non metalic colors that look good? I know I don't want red or yellow.
Single stage, you mean like no clear coat...don't waste you time painting it if that is what you are going to do. Just go get some cans of spray paint, it'll look just as good.
;););)

·
Registered
423 Posts
the 95 mustang is not a notch

and a metallic blue looks good on pretty much any mustang

·
Registered
201 Posts
I thought about doing my 79 the same way as you, a nice satin black But I went with gloss instead simply because of what ryans88gt said......

Bottom line: Unless you plan on running moonshine, drugs or smuggling mexicans gloss black is the way to go. Trust me man was thinking the same as you but after research and having body guys talk to me I realized gloss was the paint job to have ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it was just a thought and I was probably only going to do it if you guys realy thought it was a good idea. This is my first paint job. By the way, single stage paint has gloss built in and looks much better than rattle cans! ;) I here that it's hard for a gegginer to spray metalic single stage and get the metalic to be even sinced it's thicker. That is why I am thinking sollid colors. I am leaning twards black but dark colors show imperfections, so there is alwasy a trade off.

Maybe gloss black with a matte black hood!? :yes

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a 95 sn95. Not a fox;)

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts
to much for me to read but i seen a flat black evo once....looked pretty bad ass....fro what i hear you better be good to pull off a paint job like that. also it would show all imperfections in your body work....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts