Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say i got cutouts... Do you think they'll be louder a little after the headers, or right after the xpipe? I was thinking the X...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
lol there is another tread about cutouts right now look at it im wiriting in it righ tnow

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
lol...ok well imo after the x so it can still do its job...but you have cats so before the cats if at all possible would be most effictive for you

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
If you put it before the cats you will throw a code every time you open them, unless you have the rear ones turned off or Have MIL's. I would never put them before the X. You don't make enough power to benefit from running open header style exhaust. If you are gonna get E-cutouts, then put them after the X. But if you are looking at manual cut outs (the ones with wing nuts to remove the cap) your better off saving you time and money, and just unbolt your cat back and run open X.

·
Registered
339 Posts
n/a cars need back pressure unless you are running f/i i would not even waste my time.
invest that money some where else.
i was at murillo getting my car retuned and they had a shelby on the dyno at the time with 3500 miles on it and they had taken the supercharger off and fabricated a full turbo kit for the car,cost around 15,000 total but anyways the car had electric cutouts on it and when they opened the cutouts it made an extra 55rwhp on the dyno but that was with a turbo kit.
it put down 650 to the wheel.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
n/a cars need back pressure unless you are running f/i i would not even waste my time.
invest that money some where else.
i was at murillo getting my car retuned and they had a shelby on the dyno at the time with 3500 miles on it and they had taken the supercharger off and fabricated a full turbo kit for the car,cost around 15,000 total but anyways the car had electric cutouts on it and when they opened the cutouts it made an extra 55rwhp on the dyno but that was with a turbo kit.
it put down 650 to the wheel.
I'm not getting them for power guys... i just want to scare the deaf childern lol. I've run my car with an open x b4, and even though i dont really like the sound... its really really intimidating and scary sounding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts