Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a whipple ho gt and. want to take off all gt emblems and put v6 emblems. i want other people to think they can win a race and not afraid to challenge me

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Still going to have dual exhaust and probably loud mufflers, If you like the emblems go for it, it sure won't hurt. Hell I don't even know what the V6 emblems look like.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o yea it wount sound anything like one but i just thought it would be kinda neat and a cheap fix. i think it is like 3 stripes with a horse on top of the stripes

·
Registered
45 Posts
+1, you have dual exhaust, and fog lights... Thatd be enough for a mustang guy to tell. Chevy guys and ricers are a different story though:D...

·
Registered
133 Posts
+1, you have dual exhaust, and fog lights... Thatd be enough for a mustang guy to tell. Chevy guys and ricers are a different story though:D...

I agree completely, a real mustang guy, or gal, would know instantly, but you would fool the average joe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
:D That's hilarious. My whipple makes barely any noise and I'm sure everyone I've raced has wondered what I had under there other than a S/C.

If you do it, throw some "V6" emblems on the back too lol.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
A real mustang guy can tell a GT before he sees them... I can ussually pick out a GT from within a city block...

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Not busting your bubble but people are gonna race you wether its a v6 or GT

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha ok i think i didnt put enough info on the start of this. i know i have dual exhaust and fog lights with the pony doesnt. i was just talking about the emblems on the side and the truck. i thought it would kinda be more low profile and people will think they would have an advantage compaird as me having a cobra emblem

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Still can't figure out why you wanna make a GT look like a v6

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
basicly just to trick people. i want some ricer to look at it and think they can smoke me. i think it would be funny

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I know what you mean

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts

I agree completely, a real mustang guy, or gal, would know instantly, but you would fool the average joe.
About that.... I have seen plenty of V6's that try try try to make them look like undercover GTs. I just sold a GT grille w/ driving lights to a V6 owner with duals.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
A real sleeper trick would be to an emblem that says V6 on it lol. The V6 emblems don't look bad though. If you want to go for it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yeah,Like redfire said!! Remove the GT emblems,and intall 4.0 with the Pony and Stripe emblems.....:cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Umm I'm going to be the bearer of bad news but there is this c-c-c-crazy thing that some v6's do to their car. It's called true dual exhaust.....and it's pretty common amoung alot of the v6's I see. I think the bell curve of being able to tell what is a GT and what isn't, is most people look only at exhaust and emblems and sometimes fog lights. Get a new front grill that deletes the fog lights and slap on those emblems and put a sticker that says in bold print TRUE DUAL FTW! and you're good to go

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i say leave the GT emblems. if you change to v6 emblems you will attract a different kind of race. i dont like bothering w/ cars i know are slow, they are no challenge, its kinda like fighting a wimp: if you win you only beat up a wimp, if you lose then you lose to a wimp. either way its a lose/ lose situation. if you only attract fast cars like vettes, camaros, GTO's and beat them, that would be impressive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How are you liking that Whipple Armystang07? Power? 1/4 times?
Absolutely love it. Power difference was very noticeable after I got it dyno'd, before it was a little lagging it seemed. Since I deployed for a few months a couple of weeks after I got the Whipple I had only went to the track once and now I'm waiting on the weather to warm up to head out there again. My track times on 2 runs, before the dyno and 3.73 gears, was 12.07 and 12.16 and I think the speed was around 116. Anxious to get it out there again and see how much of a difference the gears and dyno made. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts