Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
:)
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because it happened to me when i was driving home from school. I pressed overdrive, it turned off (or on?) and i felt the increased load, so i pressed the button again and the load went away, but the light was still flashing. I stopped at the side of the road, turned my car off, and turned it on again. The light isn't flashing anymore, and works fine when i turn o/d off.

So what could that have been?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are probably throwing a transmision code. My car has done that a couple times and i scaned it with my sct it was the 2-3 upshift code.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
the bulb that lights it up might be trying to burn out too

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I know that code...blinking OD light = shoulda bought a stick! :D haha jus messin with ya lol last two reply's sound right though.....

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
if ur worried about it, check the codes and if it isnt throwing any, then dont worry about it

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
mine says the 2-3 shift too after a few wot 2-3 shifts..idk its cool for me

·
Registered
35 Posts
i worked on a f-150 with a 4.6 the other day that was doing the same thing and it was the shift selinoid in the trans

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Is that a costly repair?
:no...given that is your problem the shift solenoid runs $30 bucks from ford-aode.com and takes all of 15 minutes to install. All you need to do is drop the pan, pull the filter off, remove the L shaped connector (i forgot the name), remove a few bolts, yank the old solenoid out, put some vaseline on the 2 orings on the new one, pop it back in place, put everything back together torquing to spec and refill fluid.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
huh my still does it too...i need to do it then have ford scan it b.c just saying 2-3 shifts doesn't tell me ****!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Combo Kit
#K6. Fits Ford 4R70W transmissions, 1993 up. You get the #5-4R70W Alto Red Eagle master rebuild kit for 4R70W transmissions. It comes with all Red Eagle clutches and Kolene steels, high performance direct RedEagle PowerPack, the #8 AODE / 4R70W Fairbanks high performance TransAction kit. This TransAction kit includes a newly designed OD servo piston and a no leak performance design 2-3 accumulator piston. Includes steel boost valve and sleeve to replace worn OEM valve. This is the same kit we use in the Interceptor transmissions. Both for $403.00. SAVE $44.00 HERE !, 10.0% OFF

would that be worth getting? comes with shift kit!

·
:)
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:no...given that is your problem the shift solenoid runs $30 bucks from ford-aode.com and takes all of 15 minutes to install. All you need to do is drop the pan, pull the filter off, remove the L shaped connector (i forgot the name), remove a few bolts, yank the old solenoid out, put some vaseline on the 2 orings on the new one, pop it back in place, put everything back together torquing to spec and refill fluid.
will things get worse the longer i delay?

·
Registered
113 Posts
i think u will just lose o/d all to gether mine dont work no more the code was the same saying its not shifting from 2 to 3 but it is so i lost o/d all to gether i mite change it out this spring i dont think its a big deal unless u use o/d alot

·
Registered
113 Posts
it must be a comin thing in are yr of car

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i think a shift kit, clutch plates, and some other updates on the 4R and your solid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts