Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i need a mans help with my 01 mustang.... so to the point, i may ok mite have drove my car with a oil leak so long it turned into an oil waterfall... ooopppsss.but with that said i never let it run without oil from a to b, problem is now it has bad sound like i did a bad thing to it, like the noise was a top sounding click clack to a drownding clunk clunk. An now its a loud top sound. Like a hammer tap. And no i dont wana admit i did wrong so i wana keep it but fix it. New engine or a magic fix in a bottle???

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Ok so i need a mans help with my 01 mustang.... so to the point, i may ok mite have drove my car with a oil leak so long it turned into an oil waterfall... ooopppsss.but with that said i never let it run without oil from a to b, problem is now it has bad sound like i did a bad thing to it, like the noise was a top sounding click clack to a drownding clunk clunk. An now its a loud top sound. Like a hammer tap. And no i dont wana admit i did wrong so i wana keep it but fix it. New engine or a magic fix in a bottle???
Oil quantity isn't the issue, oil pressure is the issue.
You ran with too low of pressure for too long. You have most likely camshaft/valvetrain damage (top sound) and a spun bearing (or several) which is the lower clunk sound.

Pull oil pan, verify damage. Pull motor, drop in a replacement, don't let it leak oil.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Yep, you toasted your motor :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts