371 Posts
did you get your center console out ok?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
just for an idea on how much power you get......i have heard that you get about 1.5 for every cubic inch over what your engine was before.....considering you dont change anything else

·
Registered
288 Posts
yea i've also heard that you gain about 1.5 hp per extra cubic inch, so a 347 would make somewhere around 67 more hp. This can also vary, 1.5hp/cubic inch is just a rule of thumb. The main area where power is made in the engine is in the heads and the top end, not as much throgh the bottom end. The bottom end (displacement) will be the factor in the possible amount of hp produced, but the heads and top end will be what is necessary to get there. If that makes any sense at all...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
what a stroker does is makes the stroke of the piston longer by adjusting the leinght of the crank,rods and pistons along with boreing the cylenders it gives the engine more cubic inches= more displacment and i am sure u have herd the term there is no replacment for displacment and like they said an avrigh of 1.5 hp is gaind per every cubic inch that is gaind but there are alot of other variables that will come into play like compression intake/exhaust flow(heads) spark,if u have forced induction....exc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts