Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning an install of the Trick Flow HCI kit in my 94 GT. It has a BBK CAI and flowmaster cat back exhaust, 3:73 gears. I had a "Goodfellas" 500hp rated trans installed with a 2500 torque converter. Im going to install BBK shorty unequal length ceramic headers with the TFS kit.

Is there anything else I need with the TFS kit?

I have a mechanic that will install. But have thought about putting it in on my own. How experienced should someone be before they attempt something like this? I have a nice heated warehouse to work on it at my leisure and a long winter coming up.

TIA

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
If you have experience, or know someone that has experience that can watch over your shoulder then its a fun project, but if you mechanical knowledge is lacking i wouldn't go in blind

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have experience, or know someone that has experience that can watch over your shoulder then its a fun project, but if you mechanical knowledge is lacking i wouldn't go in blind
Back in my teen days (30 yrs ago) I tore down and built up several VW air cooled engines with my dad watching. Since, Ive just done minor work; intakes, exhaust, brakes, suspension, etc. My mechanical experience is broad, but Ive never taken a water cooled head off, or swapped cams.

Does the TFS kit come with instructions? Ive read some pretty good HCI swap articles. Those would help.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I've personally never ordered the kit. Sounds like you want to do it yourself thought, which is awesome, I'd try to find a (knowledgeable) friend and a case of beer and go to town

Key is a knowledgable friend though

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Im going to install myself. I have a mechanic who can help if needed.

Will it be necessary to install bigger injectors, pump, FP regulator, TB,etc.??

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Are you going to do the required supporting mods? IE walbro pump, 24lb injectors, 70 or 75mm tb, and maf?
I'd pick them up and install at the same time if you don't already have them. I've seen where some one slapped the tfs track heat hci kit on with all stock stuff and wondered why he was hardly moving.. mean whiles the injectors and pump were well maxed out LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you going to do the required supporting mods? IE walbro pump, 24lb injectors, 70 or 75mm tb, and maf?
I'd pick them up and install at the same time if you don't already have them. I've seen where some one slapped the tfs track heat hci kit on with all stock stuff and wondered why he was hardly moving.. mean whiles the injectors and pump were well maxed out LOL
That's what Im asking, what supporting mods are recommended?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
What about correct length pooshrods? Do they come with the kit?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Do you have a Chillton manual for the car? I'd invest in one of those for sure. for the record, I like Chillton much better than Haynes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts