Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 4.6 for my gt and bought patriot performance stage 2 heads for it but was looking at summit today and found some motors with more cubic inches and i would have a long block and not be out any money if i can sell my motor and heads. Has anyone dropped a chevy 350 in thier car or anyone know of some1 who has and regreted it?

(I know some people disagree with dropin a gm in a ford but as long as it is american it doesn't matter to me i'm just looking for horsepower and torque)

·
Registered
210 Posts
you tube i seen a BBC in a new edge but it was all out drag car.. im doin a 351w carb swap in my 00 with no problems so far..

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
It all comes down to how good you are with a wrench and how much money you have. Anyone can do anything with a car given the talent and money. On the other hand.....Id make sure things fit up right before jumping in deep.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
to use a chevy tranny you have to cut a hole behind your original shifter as because chevy's trnsmissions are longer and the shifter is further back than the mustangs.. fyi

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the helpful posts as for the chevy and tranny i know a guy that just bought a bellhousing and got it to bolt up i'm gonna figure up everything and see what it will cost to do both of them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would forget the Chevy idea and go with what you have. In a street rod yea, but with your car no, I would stick with what is supposed to be in there. With the OBD II you can tune it and make good HP with the set up you have. I have some goodies for those Patriots heads and your motor, see link below.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/engine-parts/139490-96-04-gt-performance-parts-nib.html
those are some good parts but not what i'm looking for maybe the intake manifold but i don't know if it is better than the trick flow ones

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
if your looking to do a motor swap the ford modular 5.4 is the easiest way to go if your looking to gain some displacement. the 5.4 is a direct swap. it will bolt up just like another 4.6 would. the 2V is a little easier simply because of size and will fit under your stock hood. im doing the swap now and i decided to go with a 5.4 4V because it still fits and i really wanted the benefits of the 4V heads. If you have any questions about either 5.4 swap i could tell you everything i know and there are a few people on here who are a wealth of information.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
all this pro-chevy talk sounds so traitorous...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts