Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the subject line says... I've been pouring over forums trying to find the best with a healthy rumble to it. I want it louder than stock, but not super loud (quieter than SLP LM), kind of a 2v/4v sound. It seems to me the best bet is the Pypes mid-muffler system, or to go with more of an o/r h pipe with flows or borla or something? any more ideas?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
well based upon what HE wants, and not the opinions of others. a good, low aggressive rumble...... Flowmasters.

I had them, it was very low, not too loud, had a good rumble, not much drone, they were good.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Flows suck ass.

I would say a prochamber with the Borlas, or an o/r h or prochamber with the mid muffler.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Pypes catback muffler's sound awesome,and alot of people will agree,if your really looking for a real aggressive rumble...:yes

·
Registered
132 Posts
FRPP Stingers (borla)

·
Registered
600 Posts
whats the next step down from SLPs?

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Roush axle backs are a deep and low sounding.

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
in loudness, i dont want slps, i heard there just way too loud, and have drone, what would be the next step down?
My Bassanis are pretty loud. I was in traffic the other day with a stang that had just LMs on it and my car was louder than his, and it sounded better IMO.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
if you just want to change axlebacks then flowmasters would be sufficient, I would probably recommend Borla stingers though. Borla has outstanding quality and would work better then the flowmasters if you decide to change your mid-pipe or headers later on.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts