e.) Backseat Delete $150

...it's not realy a mod but,

f.) Pony emblem floormats (from American Muscle) $80

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need new rims more than anything

Yup Im aware of that. And if I hadnt bought 1 new tire and the remaning three didnt have 90% tread on them (they were bought in May by previous owner, and I just past 3000 miles on them), Id do it. But 15'' black rims are hard to find and I dont feel buying $500 rims and $330 for Walmart tires (as I dont think Id trust me...).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think smoked taillights and headlights look very nice if you don't over-smoke them. They especially look good on red cars so you don't have the red body and red lights. With the smoked lights you get some contrast.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have multiple choices on the headlights..

Smoked tint, smoked covers (3M tape total lens covers), smoked lens + bezel, Cobra (smoked bezel, clean lens) or airbrush paint + clear coat.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know a lot of people are happy with the covers and that's probably the easiest way to do it
I heard some stories about covers that arrive warped, or just dont fit. Im not a huge fan of the 3M tape holding it on. Id rather find them local but I dont have any shops that stock Mustang mods pre-2005 anymore. The dealer has alot of stock crap ....$500 for headlights!! Insane!

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Get vinyl for the lights if you do that. But does it necessarily need to be an exterior mod?

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get vinyl for the lights if you do that. But does it necessarily need to be an exterior mod?
Nope. I do have my eyes on a 8.8 rear w/3.73 gears and tlok I can get the gears for $50

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update... got the CAI installed today. Took about 12 minutes and a dozen curse words.

What next yall?

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Get the rear end, or if you dont want that yet, get everything else you listed

·
Registered
990 Posts
bro i would prob say the headlights more than anything. you can tint your tailights yourself for pretty cheap. i bought film for 25 from rvinyl.com and im thinking about doing them over with nightshades. and as for the rear panel and stuff, you can paint it yourself, just ask 6er about that he painted his rear panel himself not too long ago

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Ya i would definately get headlights. i would not smoke them completely i think that looks werid just my opinion. I would just get i believe they are the cobra ones and they have the black on the bottom of the headlight they look darker. they look pretty mean. and as far as the tailight tint goes i would do that over paying for smoked tailights it will save you quite a bit of money. look at my garage at the pic where you can see my headlights that is what i am talking about. that is my opinion i just think they look better. but if you are going to tint your headlights remember it will decrease your headlight brightness so you may want to invest in some hids.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
umm.. save for gears instead.
Im scoring $800 for X-Mas most likely so Im going to go for those then.

Next week, I should have roughly another $250 to spend so Im going for the rear end AND the headlights! Wooo

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I want red bulbs though but theyre illegal. Damnit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts