Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a new fuel pump but do not want to throw a stock one in because I'm gonna need to upgrade shortly anyway. So what pumps are good with minimal modifications I don't want to reinvent the gas tank or something crazy like that haha. I just want a good 255 to 340 lph pump that will slip right in. I was thnking aeromotive but I'm having a hard time finding one finding one that will work.

Thanks guys and yes I searched!

·
Registered
893 Posts
you cant use aeromotive stealth becuase it is return system, our mustangs are returnless. Im personally going to go with a svt focus one.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you cant use aeromotive stealth becuase it is return system, our mustangs are returnless. Im personally going to go with a svt focus one.
Thanks for the response I was thinking about the svt focus pump but I went with a walbro 255/317 LPH pump that I ordered from UPR. I've never dealt with them so hopefully there a good business and hopefully that's a good pump!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Do the walbros drop straight in like a SVT pump does? Seems to me that you might run into a few fitment issues and have to do additional wiring with it.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
False! You can use a return style pump on a returnless setup, it wont work as good. But with the Aeromotive 340lph it will work good on our cars.

OP, a Focus pump will slip right in.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
False! You can use a return style pump on a returnless setup, it wont work as good.
Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean its a good idea. the fuel pressure will be all over the place and the pump will probably burn out much sooner because they are not designed to handle varying voltages.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I run the svt focus pump with 400+hp with no problems

·
Registered
340 Posts
i maybe the exception to the rule...but i've been using a walbro gss 342 for 11 years and 55k miles with my Novi 1000....will agree that Fuel Pressure does bounce all over the place.....and I am setting up for something different to be safe...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The walbro 255 will not drop in. It's taller and you'll need to modify the fuel pump housing to make it fit.
Yes I read that it takes some modifications I just wasn't quite sure on what exactly it required. Ill see how I like this one and at worst ill switch to the svt focus pump. Do you have any tips on how to make the walbro fit in the basket?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Get a supercar pump. It will be alot better for you. You do however have to do a little modifying but it's well worth it. I have one in my car now and am pushing 450 rw without issues. The Focus pump was only good for me right around the 380 mark.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Get a supercar pump. It will be alot better for you. You do however have to do a little modifying but it's well worth it. I have one in my car now and am pushing 450 rw without issues. The Focus pump was only good for me right around the 380 mark.
+1, I am pushing 424hp(mustang dyno) and I am at 78% dc. besides a dual pump setup, a supercar/bap set-up is a very good way to go

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
I had to dissassemble the basket and remove the syphon and add some holes to the basket to keep it filled. Make sure you put them in the front only. Lol.

I also had to cut the ring section around the top that holds the pump in place to make it fit. I deleted the pprv while I was there but you don't have to. Also you'll need to splice on the new connector or make one for the walbro. I used to have pics but I lost them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I had to dissassemble the basket and remove the syphon and add some holes to the basket to keep it filled. Make sure you put them in the front only. Lol.

I also had to cut the ring section around the top that holds the pump in place to make it fit. I deleted the pprv while I was there but you don't have to. Also you'll need to splice on the new connector or make one for the walbro. I used to have pics but I lost them.
Ok cool thank you. The guy at UPR told me to cut a hole on the bottom where the pump would sit and slip the sock under the basket and walla. And then of course I was gonna drill the holes in the basket. And the new connector comes with the kit I ordered. Also how did you do you pprv delete would it be good for lower horsepower mustangs or should I keep it? I heard it can cause shuttering at some rpms. But then again I've heard some bad stories from it being removed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts