Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 Mustang V6 I'm just wondering what would be a better forced induction for the V6 models a turbonetics turbocharger or some type of supercharger.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Well you have a few oppciton...

I like turbos... they are easer to drive on the street and you get your mpgs...lol

But its all about what you want to do...

Check out this web site and it might help you out a little...

PowerHouse411

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Its a 4.0l Modular motor unlike the old 3.8 L push rod motor

Thats what gives it more power
/fail

he wants to know what would be a better power adder

·
Banned
32 Posts
Yeah I would go for the turbo... You can get more power whin you need it with a bost conrtoller....

Superchargers are more just for the instin power people who are in pactinte

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Its a 4.0l Modular motor unlike the old 3.8 L push rod motor

Thats what gives it more power
not true. the 4.0 is a pushrod like the essex family. the 4.0 is in the ford cologne family of motors

·
Registered
452 Posts
not true. the 4.0 is a pushrod like the essex family. the 4.0 is in the ford cologne family of motors
You're right that it's not part of the current "modular" family and that's it's a "Cologne" engine, but the current 4.0 is not a pushrod engine... it's SOHC. However, the Cologne family of engines have generally been pushrods.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Yeah I would go for the turbo... You can get more power whin you need it with a bost conrtoller....

Superchargers are more just for the instin power people who are in pactinte

Buy your description of 'instant power people' you must be referring to positive displacement superchargers. You're forgetting about the centrifugals.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Buy your description of 'instant power people' you must be referring to positive displacement superchargers. You're forgetting about the centrifugals.
+1, I think what he meant by instant power is that the s/c is run off of a pulley....rather than the exhaust....so even tho centrifugal s/c boost isnt as instant as a roots/screw type....its still more instant than a turbo for the most part.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
+1, I think what he meant by instant power is that the s/c is run off of a pulley....rather than the exhaust....so even tho centrifugal s/c boost isnt as instant as a roots/screw type....its still more instant than a turbo for the most part.

Depends on your description of instant.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
well if a turbo is setup very efficiently for what car its put on...there should NOT be a lot of turbo lag.....but centrifugal and roots/screw type s/c dont experience this lag....when it exists. you have the Vortech....do you have any lag?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
well if a turbo is setup very efficiently for what car its put on...there should be a lot of turbo lag.....but centrifugal and roots/screw type s/c dont experience this lag....when it exists.
Don't you mean if its setup inefficiently?

A properly sized turbo, or correctly setup turbo [however you wanna say it] is going to build boost before a centrifugal and eat it all day. Even a positive displacement s/c will fall soon after the launch.

·
Banned
32 Posts
You two are are just talking about peas and carito now...

Simple fact you feel the power of a supercharger first and a turbo tacks a sec well millow sec if its done properly

·
Banned
12,740 Posts

Simple fact you feel the power of a supercharger first and a turbo tacks a sec well millow sec if its done properly
I'm sorry, come again?

Lets look at my car and chrisstories8 car.

My car (centrifugal s/c) builds boost, at 3k you can really "feel" it. His car sc44 turbo builds boost, at 2.5-2.7k you can really "feel it".

Only way to beat the "feeling" is with a positive displacment s/c.

·
Registered
452 Posts

Umm... no... while significant boost comes on early in Roots and Twin-Screw superchargers, you can DEFINITLEY spec a turbo to make full boost LONG before a typical centrifugal supercharger.

It's not as "cut and dried" as you'd make it seem.

Edit: Darn, you beat me by a few seconds SSS :D... err... millow seconds :lol:

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
oh boy
Turbo WILL ALWAYS have somewhat of a lag to it!
centri blowers too!
a roots/twin screw is instant

next for the 4.0 a turbo kit is deffinitly the most efficient, safest and more powerful setup.
not to mention fastest for the same boost

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
turbos are usually more efficient then superchargers... though they are a tiny bit harder to work with/tune... either way your going to notice a nice gain when shoving 8-11 psi through that engine

1 - 20 of 187 Posts