Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
singleport v. split port and the cam grinds are different as well.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
no in 04 the 3.9L came out which i think was just a minor head difference wasnt it? i dont think it was crank difference.
ya it was minor they didn't even add a full .1 l they only added about .06 and ronded up.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
in 1999 they switched the lower and upper intake on the v6 mustang from a single port induction to a split port induction. in 2001 they added to the split port induction for the V6 with Intake Manifold Runner Control.

Single port has one set of intake runners. Split port has 2 sets. One set of long runners and one set of short runners.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
yes you need upper and lower intake, heads, fule rail, and a few other things.
check out
Super Six Motorsports
they have a kit.
also there is a member on here who has ofered kits at a lower price then ssms, but don't know if he still has them.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well im going to be purchasing a reman motor soon anywhow so should i just buy a 99-04 v6 motor? will it fit right into my 96 or no?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
well im going to be purchasing a reman motor soon anywhow so should i just buy a 99-04 v6 motor? will it fit right into my 96 or no?
yes buy a split port one. and yes it will fit with out a problom, they both use the same block.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I believe it will bolt up OK. You may need a new PCM (engine computer). Also there is a different type of fuel pump on the 99+ and you may need to swap the fuel system parts to match up to the 99+ fuel rail.

I'm sure there are people on this forum with more knowledge than I have.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
you will need the split port fuel rail
head bolts
cylinder head gaskets
intake manifold gaskets
the 99-04 cylinder heads
99-04 upper and lower intakes
new fuel pump
gotta lose the fuel pressure regular and you'll need to get a new computer

I'am selling a split port kit(w/o the computer) with throttle body if any single port is curious
for just stock parts or ported intakes
PM me

but yes SSMS does sell a kit for about $800 i believe and im not 100% sure if its EVERYTHING you need such as fuel pump and all

1 - 19 of 19 Posts