Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my first mustang, Flowmasters were the only way to go for the best sound. This was back in the 90s. I have been out of the scene for a while, but it seems like flowmasters are not that popular anymore. I am purley basing this on the fact that I do not see vendors carying the brand nor much advertising. Is this true?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Where is Flowmaster?

Hey - we're here. I work for Flowmaster and we've always been here. Advertising is changing a lot. We recently sponsored the Hot Rod Drags event in Charlotte, the Goodguys tour, ADRL, etc. Best of all, we just signed up for 13 new sites including this one - so we are where you are - or trying our best to be. The problem is there is a lot of "noise" out there, new companies talking trash with poor products but lots of advertising cash to try and tell their story. I'll admit to bias here, but we still make the best stuff (now in stainless steel as well) and offer a wide variety of products (as opposed to a lot of one hit wonders where they make chose from one or two real mufflers - and force you to pick one) and kits that fit so you can install them in your driveway rather than having to find someone with a torch. Check out the flowmastermufflers.com website. We hear you -- and want to get you that power and sound you want. Thanks for listening.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I thought part of the issue was that people found chambered mufflers to not flow as well as a glass-pack style muffler.

I've got Flowmasters on the Cobra and like 'em; I bought my 5.0 with dumped Flowmasters and I couldn't get rid of 'em fast enough (brain-melting drone at cruising rpm; I went back to stockers).

·
Registered
27 Posts
I personally LOVE the sound of flowmasters...theres nothing like the sound of a good set of flows. Im swappin out my Pypes for Super 40's soon enough. Cant wait..Hey Flowmann can you hook up a fellow MM member?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
We're here - take a look

We have a wide assortment of products for your Mustang - whatever the year.

Like this:

’05 - ’10 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L
FORCE II® SYSTEM DOR(Dual Out Rear) Stainless Steel

Today’s late model Mustang is the king of the muscle cars. Now their prideful owners can install Flowmaster’s new stainless steel Force II® kit (PN817410) and not only achieve great performance and throttle response but superior sound as well – and back it all with a 10-year warranty. The kit includes everything required for installation as well as the signature Flowmaster stainless steel polished tips that exit in the factory cut out locations.

The new kit incorporates all of the benefits of the standard aluminized steel kit with added durability. The specially tuned 50 Series™ mufflers provide a deep, moderate exterior tone and mild interior sound level. For enthusiasts seeking a more aggressive tone for their pony car, the American Thunder® Classic system is also available. Both are total bolt on installations that do not require welding, and each include zinc-plated sure-seal™ clamps for long life.

• Complete 409S Stainless Steel Axle-back kit
• True bolt on installation – no welding required
• Terrific Flowmaster Force II® sound
• Uses specially tuned 50 Series™ muffler

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Not nessisarily, I have Mac produmps on my 91 and they sound great. There is still a but of drone but it has more of a clean sound to it than the flowmasters. ( this opinion is based off a side by side comparison between my car and a friends car, with the only difference being that he is running an H pipe and Im running a prochamber ).

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Just a suggestion - run the tailpipe out the back and the drone will go away. Those dumps are the problem - not the mufflers. My two cents of advice.
I certainly don't disgaree with that. And honestly, the drone wouldn't have been so bad had it been at a different rpm; it happened at the exact rpm for the car in O/D at 60mph. Drop a gear, it was fine. Change speed, it was fine. Cruise at 60, melt your brain.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
The Hpipe to Prochamber is a pretty damn big difference in sound in itself. IMO, you can not judge the sound of a car when you have different style or even manufacturers of midpipes.

I love the way my flows sounded with the stock midpipe.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I know what you guys mean when you talk about the drone. I'm running a flowmaster catback with a prochamber and in between 1800-2200 rpm's there's quite the drone. However, at all other times it just sounds so damn good that i can put up with it. It's not so bad that it drives me crazy, and after a while i just forget it's there, but any new passanger hears it right away. That being said, I've gotten nothing but compliments on the way my exhaust sounds, even from import guys, and I'm very happy with the quality, fit, and sound of my flowmasters.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
well you should be happy with the fit since they were pretty much all welded up when you go it :D

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
One mans trash is another mans treasure lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts