Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking about an top end upgrade. (stage II heads , cams & intake)etc. I'm not sure what works with the 4.6 L SOHC. I have stock pistons and i need the driveablity, Would love that lumpy sound and the head snap.Theres so much out there, what is the right combo? I dont plan to put any power adders (nos ,procharger) ect. 1999 Gt Thanks Dave....

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
If you have the money, i suggest you get some custom grind stage II cams from Comp. I also suggest you talk to ACMillr here on MM. He knows everything about heads, cams, and N2O. He can even do everything for you.

Greenwood... do you happend to live in Greenwood, IN?

·
Registered
806 Posts
you could look into a custom grind, if you getting stage 2 heads id look into a custom grind or maybe comp 270's but they have to be degreed. CMS stage 2 cams have a good luck with upgraded heads. Hitech has a good set of cams but i havent seen anyone run them yet with headwork. they are more designed for stock heads i belive

and since your in ct join up on lmmc-ct.com

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
patriot makes a decent head, their cams that come with their heads are ok. a stage 2 cam will get a little lope, and be able to keep drivability pretty good. comp cams are pretty good, crower are showing a little more gains and havent seen any reveiws on the cranes. there are other places as well to get cams, foxlake, afm, houston performance, mod max, just to name a few.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts