Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit a yaris a week ago and cause $3600 worth of damage to my car (her fault) and well, the adjuster came today and will be getting the check pretty soon. i'm just undecided if i want to get another cowl hood or get an '03-'04 cobra hood. what do you guys think?
also, i want to get an '01 cobra bumper but cant find one anywhere! i've searched like crazy and can only find '03-'04 cobra bumpers or '00 cobra R bumpers. any idea where i can find an '01 front cobra bumper?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Certifit parts do not always fit well. When I had to replace my front bumper, I just went OEM. Yes I paid more, but I knew I got a good fitting product.

·
Registered
121 Posts
no luck w/ yearone.
so far i've only found it at latemodel restoration but they want $479.99 for an '01 bumper!
if i cant find one by monday (when i take my car in to the shop) i guess i'll be getting an '03 bumper.
if i were you i would get the 03 anyway. Especially if you want the 03-04 hood. They just belong together. And if the car is getting painted, i would go a head and get the rear bumper.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I like the Cobra R hoods myself, but any cowl hood looks sweet.

+1 on the '01 cobra bumper if you can find one, if you can't just get a termi bumper (they're everywhere)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Certifit parts do not always fit well. When I had to replace my front bumper, I just went OEM. Yes I paid more, but I knew I got a good fitting product.
actually, i've used certifit before when i had my '97 GT had to replace the front bumper and it fit right on, no problems.

they say the car is not going to get repainted just the areas getting replaced but i'm not getting a cobra rear bumper since i have my exhaust dumped and i'm sporting a v6 rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oem Ford parts 10% over cost - SVTPerformance

the front bumper comes out to $250 or close to that.
thanks, this is the quote that i got:
Description Year Cobra - Cobra & mach 1 - Cobra & mach 1 99-02
MSRP Price $576.18
Your Price $380.28

looks like i'm going to have to settle for the '03-'04 bumper :sorry

thanks guys for your help, much appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts