Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ummmmmm lets see. Lower Subframe Connectors, NGK Spark plugs and a new Fuel Filter. Pictures attached. Worse than I thought. At 50k miles I knew I should change the sparks and I knew I was getting horrid gas mileage but I had no idea I would find all this. >>>

Lower Subframe Connectors, Cheap ones but better than nothing.

Old Motorcraft Platinums, 4 were at 0.61 and 4 were at 0.53. Alternating one from the other. YIKES!

Finally and worst off all stock fuel filter.... OMFG. I was pissed I hadn't changed it sooner.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Good finds man. BTW what camera did you use for the pics?

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
i wanna say it's a nikon, and you think your fuel filter is bad?
mine had black **** coming out of it. :eek:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a Canon Rebel t1i. It's one of my other beloveds. Absolutely love the thing.

I guess black would be worse then whatever color that is Vince hahaha. Muddy Back Creek Burnt Orange. < That's it.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Thats sexy burnt orange lol. Very nice, I waslooking at those camera.

My filter was pulled out and it was more dark grey. That orange is like some rust man lol.

How to do fuel filter? Pull out two white clips, pull off fuel line, pull out filter, reassemble ;)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to admit it but the $6 fuel filter removal tool was pretty helpful. I would unhook the negative side of the battery too. It lets some pressure off of the fuel pump, sounds crazy but it does. You can use the fuel stop button in the trunk as well. Make sure you put the filter the right direction when reassembling too. Most filters have an arrow. It would suck to put in on backwards. Depending on how dirty your car is, I also recommend protective eye wear, and a pair of long arms if you want to avoid being sprayed with gasoline.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Thats sexy burnt orange lol. Very nice, I waslooking at those camera.

My filter was pulled out and it was more dark grey. That orange is like some rust man lol.

How to do fuel filter? Pull out two white clips, pull off fuel line, pull out filter, reassemble ;)
these cars arent as easy as the old fuel filters use to be. you need a fuel line tool just like you would for removing the fuel rails

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the fuel rail off when I did the passenger side plugs. Don't think I had to but it went a lot faster than not moving the rail. But I am no spark plug expert either. Hope I picked a good gapping. :eek:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Damn at the look of those pictures.my car has 50k on it. Look like a new fuel filter,tires, and spark plugs.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
damn thats rough. im surpised mine wasnt that bad when i changed it. i need new spark plugs... anyone know anyting about the new E3s?

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
I really need to change my fuel filter. Any tips for changing it out?
Pinch the line with vice grips then shove a bold up it, get the new filter ready, re-clamp the line and take out the bolt, slide the filter in and release the vise grips. Pretty straight forward.:D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are Mustang Max Subframe Connectors. Paid a little over $40 for them. Not as crappy as you may think either. They do their job for the time being until I get my Griggs setup.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
damn thats rough. im surpised mine wasnt that bad when i changed it. i need new spark plugs... anyone know anyting about the new E3s?
dont get e3s my friend put it in his ranger and went back to the track. was running .15 seconds worse. terrible plugs

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My car runs 10 billion times better. Better throttle response and all. Acts like it has 50k on it not 200k. Soooooo happy. Gas mileage improvement unknown (Bad driving habits :/ )

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
dont get e3s my friend put it in his ranger and went back to the track. was running .15 seconds worse. terrible plugs
Thanks for the heads up man.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts