Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any that has heard of my transmission woes as well as hunreds, even thousands of others' issues, this is what I find under my car when doing my first oil change... Also remember that the TSB 11 03 18 had been performed on my car which involved them swapping the stock fluid for the Dual clutch fluid... This is OBVIOUSLY coming from inside of the bellhousing which would tell me that this fluid or something has broken the input shaft seals... My car is going back to the dealership tomorrow for, get this, another fluid change. I have these pics as ammunition and am waiting for them to tell ME about. If they give me my car back without stating ANYTHING about this leak, I'll go to my car and pull these pictures out and state why aren't you addressing this issue as well. NEW CARS DO NOT LEAK TRANSMISSION FLUID! PERIOD. I have already contacted Ford directly and they want to see what the dealership does on this attempt. My car will not leave their premesis if the issue is not fixed and I will be talking to my attorney Wednesday if their 'fix' doesn't work.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, all I know is that when a seal is busted, it's done for. They either replace the transmission or tear it down.

As stated earlier, if they don't tell me about it leaking I'm pulling the printed photos out and we'll make it a problem.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I feel your pain man. My tranny just went at 4K miles. Theres going to be a lot of lemon law cases or a class action suit coming. What happens when our cars no longer are under warranty, they wont be worth much with a buyer knowing they are going to have to buy an aftermarket tranny.

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
wow. FFS ford you suck!

Im still having the grind while I shift. Ill probly just put a stage 3 or 4 clutch in there 99% of the people that are having the same problem as me that has fixed it for them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a Mcleod RXT going in with my new tranny, hopefully it works. Ill report back if I ever get my car back.

I shoulda kept my jap car :D

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Lol I should have kept my honda too. OP since you had your fluid changed once could it just been a rookie that just spilt fluid on the houseing and under it?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I had my tranny start leaking at 4k. It ended up being a faulty transmission vent tube. They changed that out and it hasn't leaked since.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol I should have kept my honda too. OP since you had your fluid changed once could it just been a rookie that just spilt fluid on the houseing and under it?
I was under the car 4 days AFTER the fluid change to put my short throw on. Nothing was there.

I had my tranny start leaking at 4k. It ended up being a faulty transmission vent tube. They changed that out and it hasn't leaked since.
If it is that, then so be it, but my transmission IS NOT supposed to sound like a whipple.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I wouldn't play that game with the dealer. Been there done that and it only ended in my lost time. They are not going to say they were wrong. It will only be an excuse and do you want to bring the car back in for another appointment. Just keep documenting each visit and make sure that your concerns are listed on the work order along with their responses. It might also help to bring in all the copies with you that are related and print the state lemon law along with it. Let them know you have your stuff together.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the bullshit I got dealt today... Names are blanked out for privacy.

Hi _____, I'm not quite certain that you will obtain this email, but I feel that you would be the easiest person to be made aware of this situation pertaining to my experience with Bondy's Ford in Dothan, AL and my 2011 Mustang GT.

Today, Tuesday, 4/12/11, I returned to Bondy's Ford in Dothan, AL for more work on my transmission. They only wanted to change my transmission fluid. While under the car this weekend to change the oil, I found a leak coming from the bellhousing of the transmission. I immediately took pictures of this as this is damage to my vehicle that SHOULD NOT be there. When Bondy's worked on my vehicle today, 4/12/11, they only changed my fluid. I was only notified of the fluid change and the part number of the fluid; nothing more. Upon receiving my workorder sheet and documentation, I went back to my car and pulled out my printed photos of the transmission leak because they did not notify me of this damage. I showed the pictures to ______. He then proceeded to ask his techs, including____the Shop Foreman who approved of the cleaning of the transmission without my knowledge about this. After waiting for about five minutes, he returns from the shop and states that they had noticed it and cleaned it, but did NOTHING about it. They were not going to notify me of a transmission leak or anything. It was not untill after I brought this up that they wanted to put a dye in my engine oil to see if it's the rear main seal. I am sorry, but cars with 3000 miles DO NOT leak fluids. Period. Especially the rear main seal. To replace this means an entire engine teardown, plus if this was the case I would have clutch damage due to engine oil being scattered all throughout the bellhousing and onto the clutch. They were trying to hide this from me and if I had not had documented photos of this damage, nothing would have been said or known.

I find these practices shady and highly unprofessional. To add to this bad business practice, my vehicle is still not repaired. It is still whining louder that any other car I have ever driven. They repeatedly tell me that they need another 2011 Mustang GT to compare my vehicle to, but they have not ordered a new one. They have had over a one full month to accomplish this as these issues have been known one week prior to the first appointment on 3/21/11. They have also recommended that, at my own expense, I buy an insulated cover, as seen in the GT500's, to make it quieter. If this was the case, why didn't my car come with this? My 2011 Mustang GT doesn't even use the same transmission and this would only be hiding a problem, not fixing it.

As you can tell, I'm highly disappointed.

Thank you for your help, ___.
--- On Mon, 4/11/11, (M.) <________> wrote:

Subject: re 1ZVBP8CF2B5118959 2011 MUSTANG
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, April 11, 2011, 12:05 PM

Good afternoon, Mr. Lewis.

I noted that in our engineering records, the technician at Bondy’s has re-opened the communication regarding the symptoms described with your 2011 Mustang.

Please see the Service Manager, Keith Alford or your advisor for updates today on these communications if you have not already spoken with him.

Feel free to provide the correct number to reach you by phone if you prefer phone contact vs. email.

I will otherwise await the dealer update on the final resolution provided and document with your Vehicle ID and case number 1394890971.

Have a great day.

________ |Customer Care Team

Ford Customer Service Division

Zones A02 and A03 Atlanta

1-866-631-3788 x 7745| Direct fax: 1-866-934-3461

________

Ford Confidentiality:
This email may contain privileged communications. If you have received it in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow, so alot of pepople are having issues with the new 5.0?
Not as many as it may seem, there are quite a few people that are posting their problem on every forum out there. And not saying Zinc doesn't have a problem, since it's pretty obvious there is one, a lot of people are jumping on the band wagon. I know I've scanned threads with people posting videos of barely audible transmission whine then saying "oh my god this transmission is crap". Yes there will be cars with problems built, it happens with mass production. You just have to remember that the complaints always get more publicity than the praises. Everyone that has no problems and are loving their purchase are out enjoying it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Zinc,

You should tell them to check your transmission vent tube. From the looks of your pictures, im pretty sure my leak was in the exact same spot. I had the Ford dealer replace my vent tube and I havnt had a problem with leaking since. Not saying there is nothing else wrong with your tranny and hopefully you will just get a new one but if it comes down to it just have them check that first.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well this is their last chance under Alabama lemon law. If it's not fixed they cannot give me a check for the car, they must replace the car with a like vehicle.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Not to steal your thread but got updated today the are replaceing parts in my tranny as well
The tech compared my whine to a new one and according to the service guy said wtf that's not right
so far my dealer has been good and they better cus the girl friend is buying a new v6 shortly

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
damn dude

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.