Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered Rainbow Troll
746 Posts
Appreciate what you have or stop wasting this girl's time (so she can find someone who appreciates her for more than looks)

That is all.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Here's my take on it...

If YOU don't think she's the most beautiful woman in the world, you don't really love her.

Now let that sink in as I elaborate...

I love my wife without question. I acknowledge there are "prettier" women out there, maybe a nicer body, or one or two attributes I find attractive, but looks are the least important part of the relationship. They bring you in to find out if the rest of her (attitude, personality, ethics, etc) match what you want in a relationship.

So, clearly she was pretty enough to lure you in. If you don't see all that she has to offer you, and find her attractive enough to where you can recognize attractiveness in other women yet still think of your woman as "the most beautiful", then she's not "the one".

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
OP, don't take this the wrong way, and i'm not trying to be snarky, but something's telling me you might unknowingly be gay

it sounds like you want a 10/10 girl primarily because that's the image you want to impress upon other people, not for your own happiness. it sounds like she's your best friend and a good girl and you have a lot in common, and she's not bad looking by any means, so if you're still not attracted to her, i've got some bad news

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
You are an immature superficial jerk to wish for a more attractive girlfriend. She is beautiful. Remove head from ass.

·
Manthusiast
2,806 Posts
I kinda am in the same boat as you. However, I've known the girl for a month and have dated her for 2 weeks.
I spent a year after my last 3 year relationship banging sluts and basing everything on looks. Got to talking to a girl that went to the same HS I did. After meeting her though she turned out not to be as good looking as before. Mostly it is her teeth which can be fixed. However, her personality is amazing. Shes VERY affectionate and overall is just an amazing girl who has her **** together. Compared to me, not sure why shes talking to me lol. After spending all that time hooking up with girls based on looks. I've learned that looks doesnt equal personality. It is much harder to find a girl that looks amazing without flaws that has a good perrsonality. Let alone an average one.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I would destroy her.

Looks are temporary. Perfect match, huh? I guess you have to decide what that really means. If looks are that important to you, you should let her go so she can be with someone she deserves, and you can go out and find women who you deem physically attractive enough. Hopefully you'll find one that is good looking enough for you that is also a perfect match. Although enjoy that while it lasts, young man. Looks are temporary.

Who are you going to be with when you're older, and superficial bullshit like looks are now irrelevant. Who is going to love YOU for who you are?

I dunno. I'm not saying looks don't matter. Especially when we're young. But it sort of irks me when I see people say things like "Well she's perfect, and we're moving in together, but I have this secret thought that I wish she was more pretty."

You know who thinks and acts like that, sensation? And I swear to you this isn't meant as a blatant insult or attack. It's how I feel based on my own youth and growing up and experiences. Immature self absorbed pricks think like that. That's called stringing someone along, and not being honest with someone. Really brother? The perfect chick, going to move in together, she's under the impression that this is serious, but you're concerned that she's not pretty enough.

My next thought is, who are you? Brad Pitt? I'm not calling you ugly, but who knows what people think of YOUR looks? To me, she's very pretty, and you're a normal looking dude. Also, are you concerned that she is legitimately not that naturally attractive to you, or is part of it also that you are concerned what other people will think of you? Meaning, you think you're all that and a bag of chips, got it together and going on, and thus you should be with the prettiest girl in the room, because that validates your own ideas of who and what you believe you are.

Looks matter when it comes to initial attraction, of course. But this is **** you're supposed to have sorted out before things get serious. You don't let things get long term and serious if you're walking around not entirely happy with someone's looks. That's something you act on earlier on in the dating process. Why? All you have to do to answer that question is ask yourself this: "How would she feel and react if she found out you were thinking this."

If the answer is she would be crushed, then you have two choices here.

One, at least be true to your superficial needs, and cut her loose.

Two, determine if other things are more important to you than looks, and decide if you truly love this person. You do not truly love someone if you're having this type of thought.

And remember, when you're old, and we all get there, not many of us are A, hanging on to the looks we had when we were younger, and B, not really concerned about that as much anymore anyway, because we've grown up and understood what long term dedication and true love is really all about.
/thread

·
Danger To Manifold!!!!
2,378 Posts
solid reference LOL. I tell everybody I'm dating Mulan :shiftyeyes

:lmao I've been calling my gf Mulan all week haha

OP, I think she's very pretty. But everyone has different tastes and if you think another girl is more attractive then that's up to you. But like everyone else has said, you'll have to decide if her other qualities that you do love make up for the looks that you don't.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ultimately, it amounts to this:

You don't think she's pretty "enough" because you spend time looking at OTHER women. You have to, how else would you know?

The more time one spends looking at other women, the less attractive your woman will be.

Am I saying, 'Stop looking at other women'? Of course not! But when you see other women, what crosses your mind? Uh huh, I know. Same here! It IS a challenge, but unless you learn to control your instincts you will NEVER be happy with who you are with. There will ALWAYS be someone prettier, or hotter, etc...

Now, Is my post going to be popular here? Probably not.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

I'm an asian girl connoisseur and I approve of her. T
:exactly

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
This is going to sound weird, but I'm not attracted to Asian women, idk why...
****in' racis....wait...I don't...:headscratcher:

Let me just give you this-

Beauty is fleeting.

Looks can change. They can get better, they can get worse. Who she is? That's what counts. You can find a pretty young thing anywhere, any day. But when you wake up the next morning, is she still going to look the same? Is she going to be there for you, cook for you, not scream bloody ****ing murder because you left the goddamn toilet seat up, or let you poop with the door open so you can keep watching the game?

Now the one on the left, solid 8.

The one on the right? Lucky to be a 2/10. Tie poorly knotted, hankerchief not color matched to tie, absolutely awful performance in fast and the furious. Would not take to race wars.

·
Cletus Emmett Wheelwelker
2,575 Posts
I can see where you're coming from. You're young and naive. I don't mean that as an insult either; I'm the same way. When young, physical attraction overrides other, more rational thoughts. Is it preposterous to want your girlfriend/fiance/wife to be attractive? No. But therein lays the problem: beautiful and "hot," terms commonly used to describe physical appearance, are two different things. Furthermore, you are fortunate to have a beautiful girlfriend, but it seems you want a hot chick. What if you found out she had the same thoughts about you? Would dig pretty deep, wouldn't it? Seriously consider your options: break up with her over something so petty, or count yourself lucky to have a girl who's "the best thing to ever happen" to you.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Oh, and BTW, if she really were the best thing to ever happen to you, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

·
Manthusiast
2,806 Posts
What about getting her a makeover? I've seen ads on craigslist for people that will do it for cheap in your parking lot :shiftyeyes
Free facial anyone?

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
OP, don't take to heart all of the negative things people are saying about you. i think you're beautiful, and your suit is nice. you look like a fantastic hotel manager

21 - 40 of 94 Posts